Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Figure Review Roundup: New 52 Nightwing and TAS Batman by Kotobukiya


Some of the first high end figures I got ended up being from Kotobukiya. Mostly well known for incredibly detailed sculpted statues throughout various figure lines that they have. As of writing this, I have four figures from the company that are stationed along my desk. For today though, I wanted to focus on two of my favorites. Those being the Nightwing New 52 design and Batman as seen in the cult favorite Batman: The Animated Series. Both of these figures are part of the ARTFX+ line which basically a step above the ARTFX line. Again, it's mainly in the detailing of the statue/figure. Starting with the above image, I purchased this Batman statue for my Dad at NYCC last year. The way this was colored and shaped is absolutely incredible. Literally like he stepped out of the show. Since my Dad passed away shortly after, I thought it best to keep it for myself in my room as a reminder of him.

The figure came with the Batman logo base and required simple assembly believe it or not. The hand holding the batarang can be swapped out for other hands with a simple thumbs up or others of his wonderful toys. The facial expression can also be switched for other expressions. The first time I did this, Batman looked very weird XD. The cape design is perfect as well and I love how the colors are vibrant and pop, even if the colors are very dark in nature. For these reasons and the obvious memento, this is one of my favorite Batman figures. Speaking of, my Dad beat me in the figure collection part, grabbing multiple ARTFX+ figures of the Bat-family, and even the Bishoujo designed Batgirl :D.

The other figure is of Nightwing in his New 52 style. You may notice however that he's in his classic blue instead of the New 52 Red. I have another Nightwing with the Red (belonged to my Dad, he had to get a replacement cause of a broken piece), but this was an NYCC exclusive to Kotobukiya for one year and I HAD TO HAVE IT! I got lucky enough to snag one and I'm completely in love. This figure of Nightwing includes a small black base that's magnetic to the bottoms of his feet. Prop wise, he comes with a single Escrima stick. The facial features/expression is beautifully crafted and as a whole, Dick has a shine to him. The suit details are super accurate and the photos I have below definitely do some justice to showing that. Check them out!








These figures mean a whole lot to me and are definitely a wonderful part of my collection. The Nightwing figure is unfortunately a convention exclusive so really eBay is your best shot at finding it if you wanna shell out cash for him. Batman's TAS figure however can be purchased following the link below! OH, and as with all the figures I've shared here, the boxes these came in are awesome. Of course I kept them :).
https://www.kotous.com/retailstore/us-licenses/dc-comics/dc-comics-batman-animated-artfx-statue.html

What's Popular?