Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Poseidon Cosplay's Aquaman!

Photo by Shutterwolf Studios

I can always appreciate a fantastic Aquaman cosplay and oh man does Poseidon Cosplay fit the bill on that part. Recommended by my wonderful friend Jawjarrose, here we have the recent movie version of Aquaman. Parts of Poseidon actually resemble actor Jason Momoa so that makes the outfit as whole work so much! Full armored up, Poseidon is full of color with a brilliant mash up of green, gold and blue. There's also various textures for each part of armor which is just insane. My guess is worbla and foam played some part in its creation. The shoulder pieces are layered with smaller pieces to create the full part. The paint job overall is just absolutely phenomenal and I commend Poseidon for doing a wonderful job bringing Arthur Curry to life.


Photo by Monkey8panda
If that's Poseidon's real hair then oh man, talk about easy additions! The arm sleeves are one of my favorite parts, mainly due to the deep blue shade it's in. It's all about patterns when you get up close shots of him and the armor. I can only imagine how tedious making this was at certain parts. The trident prop is at the right size for someone like Poseidon and his height. It also stands out in some of the photos, particularly the ones of him with the waves coming in.

The leg armor looks massive as well. Layered up pieces probably by velcro. Either Poseidon had to put on each piece individually or managed to do so as one full piece. The picture to the left seems to show the trident before its inevitable paint job into gold. The ocean side photos are freaking amazing and gosh I just love this cosplay so much. Check out Poseidon rocking it in these other photos :D.




Photo by Shutterwolf Studios

Photo by Shutterwolf Studios

Below you'll find a link to Poseidon Cosplay's FB page! He also does a stellar Khal Drogo among other cosplays :).

What's Popular?