Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

STRUCK FIRST: League of Larcy as Raikou!


Struck First gives you a first look at a cosplay just as it's been debuted/had its first photoshoot. Cosplayers have been kind enough to let me have a first crack at analyzing the cosplay by providing me with brand new pictures.

I shared League of Larcy not to long ago in her incredible Shedinja cosplay she made for Boston Comic Con this year :D. Check it out here!

My best friend Larcy just can't stop and won't stop with the Pokemon gijinkas! When she first showed me pics for Raikou, I collectively lost my shit. She was ever so sweet in giving me tons of pictures for this write up today. Larcy's Raikou is a full on battle ready warrior, clothed nearly from head to toe in rad armor pieces and a purple tabard in the middle. Larcy also managed to repurpose some parts of Shedinja for some of the armor pieces. Mainly I think this was in her leg armor. What I've always loved about the legendary dogs were their color schemes. Raikou definitely has to be my favorite with the yellow, black, blue and purple all clashing together. Larcy made sure to capture each part of this design perfectly. All the armor pieces are laced with a white fur trim which possibly made wearing some of them bearable at least!

Larcy's head area consists of a beautiful shade of lavender for the wig and a blue mask shaped exactly like Raikou's face. The mask is also able to be pulled down and off onto her face. Directly above the mask is a black dome with ears coming out on its sides. Here, it's repeated throughout the cosplay as black and yellow are the primary colors for the electric doggo. Larcy's shoulder piece also has a blue piece which is in the same shape as the mask. There were also little touches she added like the Master Ball as an ornament in the middle of her tabard. The infamous Poke Ball is also seen in pixelated form for earrings!

Photo by J.T. Petrin Photography
Sharp and long claws are seen on Larcy's hands which look to be attached to a black underside. Potentially gloves? She also has black shorts and stockings which serve as a base. This was then build upon by the adding of so many armor pieces. I also really love the Raikou face that's placed smack dab in the middle of her chest piece. Upon my recommendation, Larcy added in the hip armor. This was due to her feeling like the cosplay was missing something originally when she shared with me the completed cosplay. I gotta say, it definitely gives more to the outfit!

The tabard travels all the way down to her feet and I can only hope it wasn't too bothersome to walk with. Tripping over it can definitely be a headache! Seriously looking a full body shots of this cosplay is SO FREAKING RAD! The colors pop and Larcy looks especially ferocious (albeit a little cute in some <3) in the pictures that follow. What's even cooler is the possibility that I mayyyy be joining her and Mink the Satyr in a group cosplay around this collection of doggos. But hey, that's another story for another time. For now, please enjoy the pictures!








Photo by J.T. Petrin Photography

Photo by J.T. Petrin Photography

League of Larcy is one of my dearest friends and I can't recommend her enough for you guys. She's got Pokemon cosplays for days and I don't see her stopping anytime soon :).

What's Popular?