Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

STRUCK FIRST: Jessica Nigri as Alexstraza!

Photo by Saffels Photography

Struck First gives you a first look at a cosplay just as it's been debuted/had its first photoshoot. Cosplayers have been kind enough to let me have a first crack at analyzing the cosplay by providing me with brand new pictures.

Here we are again guys! Every year cosplayers at Blizzcon bring out their absolute best creations to share the crazy undying love they have towards Blizzard's storied franchises. As best as I can, I'll be sharing some of these insane cosplays towards the remainder of the year. Why not kick it off with this talented queen right here? It seems just around this time last year that Jessica Nigri debuted her intense Sindragosa cosplay for Blizzcon. To the point where Blizzard hired her to help promote their (at the time) upcoming Knights of the Frozen Throne expansion for Hearthstone. Jessica seems to be on a mission to cosplay all the well known dragons in Warcraft lore. As with the previous two, she enlisted Zach Fischer Illustration to design it for her. Thankfully this cosplay seems less crazy so props to you Zach for not making Jess' life miserable with creating this XD.

For Alexstraza, I'd say the focus was making her look royal and full of gemstones. I'm absolutely in love with the shade of red that Jess used in this cosplay. Some parts like the arms look incredibly beautiful and straight up blood red in its shade. The cosplay features lots of curvature in the detailing in places like the leg armor and belt. The shoulder pieces look immensely impressive and I feel that Jessica has gotten the hang of creating dragons. Two of them down, she most likely used some similar techniques in creating pieces. One that comes to mind is the black stone like sections on her horns. You best believe she added in LED lights for each of the gemstones!

Photo by Extra Noodles Co.
Speaking of which, the gem stones are primarily placed on her shoulders and horns. Some are placed on her belt, choker, chest piece and the gauntlets further down. For coverings, Jess is rocking light purple sleeves with red leather like gloves for the hands. Down below for the legs you can get a glimpse of black leggings which reach up to just past her kneecap. The gauntlets and leg armor are crazy for sure but the head piece and shoulders are another story. Foam and worbla as usual were her main vehicles used in its construction. A bright red wig was used and Jess is also rocking purple lipstick too!

Jessica Nigri keeps outdoing herself with these cosplays specifically. Equally so are the photographers she works with, cause hot damn the photos whether edited or not look AMAZING! You guys are in for one hell of a treat down below! As always you can also see progress pics on her Patreon which I'll link to afterwards too! I don't think I've seen a ton of hate being thrown her way lately which makes me breathe a sigh of relief. She does this kind of stuff not only to challenge herself, but to show that it's not always about "Barnes & Noble" with her cosplays. Though this Alexstraza design is definitely skimpy XD. Then again the character always was. ANYWAYS, ENJOY THE PICTURES!

Photo by David Ngo



Photo by Extra Noodles Co.
Photo by John Jiao Photography

Photo by John Jiao Photography

Photo by John Jiao Photography

Photo by Martin Wong

Photo by NSULLEY


Photo by Dave Yang

Photo by Mineralblu Photography

Here are links to Jessica's FB Page and Patreon. That's all I'm gonna say, no need to repeat how amazing she is with every write up I do on her <3

What's Popular?