Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Dollilicious' Rikku!

Photo by Robbins Studios Photography and Fine Art

Getting to meet Dollilicious this year has been an absolute delight. She was just as sweet in person as I imagined her to be with following her work online. I really wanted to share one of her cosplays again having done one before on her Cindy but it definitely took me awhile to pick another outfit! I went with her Rikku cause it's one of her cutest outfits plus it's the one I got a print of! I hope you guys don't mind the selfies I got of her in this cosplay too! Dolly's Rikku is of course the thief outfit worn mainly in Final Fantasy X-2! Lots of warm colors make up the cosplay with orange and yellow taking a forefront here. For instance, the bra top is mainly yellow with an orange trim around its edges. She is also rocking a small orange/red scarf around her neck. The wig Dolly has is pretty spot on for Rikku, and you can't forget about the blue bandanna wrapped around it!

Other areas of the cosplay include long white arm wraps which are wrapped in several knots as you travel up to where her hands are. Simple forest green shorts are visible with a belt tied at an angle. Along this belt are small pouches that have the same color scheme as Dolly's top. Black fingerless gloves, and a side cloth are seen as well. The latter piece looks to be hanging off of her shorts! Orange lines can be seen within the shorts too! The cosplay overall is fairly simple and is more so perfect to wear at the beach or other fairly warm areas.

Dolly's figure looks absolutely incredible in the cosplay, she perfectly captures both the sexy and cute natures of the character. I imagine she puts on an incredibly bubbly personality when wearing this! It looks like more shots were taken for her Patreon which I'll link to down below! For now check out the photos I managed to find <3.



Photo by Athel Cosplay Photography

Photo by Robbins Studios Photography and Fine Art

Dollilicious is definitely someone you should be following. She just debuted an incredible cosplay alongside Danielle Beaulieu and JusCosplay for BlizzCon! Check her out in the links below!

What's Popular?