Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: ItsYoru's Cosvacado's Nyx!

Photo by Erik Paredes Productions

At Katsucon this year and throughout the rest of 2017 I've managed to bond and form pretty solid friendships with my roomies. Each of them equally talented cosplayers as they are sweet human beings. One of them is my buddy Chris who goes by his recently created page name of ItsYoru's Cosvacado! Like me, he was also incredibly excited for FFXV's upcoming release. Besides the game's cast of characters, he fell in love with another protagonist from the spin off movie Kingsglaive. The main hero for that movie--Nyx--is a member of the Glaive which is tasked by King Regis as the most elite soldiers of Insomnia. What makes them special is that they're able to borrow the ridiculous power that the King has which is mainly used by Noctis in the main game. Ok we good on the backstory? Each member of the Kingsglaive dons a pretty extravagant suit with multiple lines traveling down the chest. The collar is also popped up for them.

Photo by Aerlinn Cosplay
The long coat has other additions like small shoulder patches with one of them having chains hanging down from it. Chris also has armguards directly seen after the black fingerless gloves. What's iconic about Nyx's design is his mohawk styled hair and the weapon of choice. Going into battle with a single dagger might not seem like a good choice but Nyx makes damn good usage thanks to the additional power of kings. Chris went as far as to have his hair styled/cut to match Nyx.

Chris didn't go about creating this cosplay alone. Helping him was his immensely talented lady Princess Gigglesnort (who's also just as sweet!) mostly in the sewing department. The photos make him look absolutely incredible. Such as the sunset on the photo to the left of here, to the one down below that might be seen as a spoiler to those who haven't seen the movie yet. In any case, Chris pulls off Nyx superbly well. Check out the other photos below!



Photo by Erik Paredes Productions

Photo by IM Photography

As I mentioned above, Chris just recently started up his page and deserves a hell of a lot of love from you guys. Definitely check it out, you won't be disappointed :)

What's Popular?