Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Showcase: Megawatt Cosplay's Dr. Strange

Photo by Cinesperz
Getting to spend time with my big cosplay sis Megawatt Cosplay at Katsucon this year was a huge highlight of the con for me and arguably one I will never forget. As such, I wanted to choose a cosplay she wore to this event and show it off/go on full gush mode. I did get a chance to see both of which but her Female Dr. Strange had me the most excited when it was announced so that's what I went with! The cosplay as a whole was commissioned/bought by a vendor that Megan had worked with before so she was hyped up about receiving it. The high length shoes were either ones she already had or purchased separately. For the female touch of the Sorcerer Supreme (Sorceress in this case?), Megawatt's cosplay has a corset that serves as the base for the entire thing. Various cloaks and coverings are layered up on top of it. As is a giant belt that's wrapped around her waist. The belt itself is wrapped around haphazardly various times.

Photo by York in a Box
On her arms are various pieces of fabric wrapped up again crisscrossing with one another. One of which has a part to cover up a section of her palm. The wig is a beautiful brunette shade with hints of gray streaks traveling down. Some of the shots I found for you guys show it off pretty well. What with the wind that was going on during the convention. The cloak seen on Megan's back is a stellar recreation of what's seen in the film. Beautiful shade of red with some intricate embroidery patterns on the collar.

As I look more closely at the pictures, it turns out that the corset is merely covered by blue drapes of fabric. I mean I know that's what I stated in the beginning, but it confused me a bit as to how they were positioned as so. There's also a cute lingerie esque part for the pants. There's also the iconic Eye of Agamotto that hangs around Megan's neck. Most likely this also came with the whole cosplay. She wasn't a stranger to getting a TON of photos for this cosplay and I'm beyond happy that she did. Various poses, sassy stances and some with rad magic effects. I'm in love with this cosplay and beyond happy that she was able to get a ton of photos of this. Enjoy the other finds guys!

Photo by Valdman Photography
Photo by Cinesperz
Photo by Valdman Photography
Photo by Valdman Photography

Photo by York in a Box

I highly recommend you check out Megawatt Cosplay's other features here if you haven't yet. She's a delightful individual who loves to strut her stuff in cosplays. Plus she's equal parts badass and a sweetheart <3

What's Popular?