Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Bloodraven's Vincent Valentine!

Photo by Eurobeat Kasumi Photography
One of my best friends Karlibra (who I'll be featuring very soon!), pointed me in the direction of cosplayer Blood Raven and I know I've seen her work shared before! She like many, attended Katsucon a few weeks ago and Vincent Valentine was one of the cosplays she debuted. Me being the FF7 fan, I just had to share it off cause holy smokes is it so accurate. Especially with the hair which I'll get to later in this post. Blood Raven's Vincent is a full representation of the character's iconic outfit, with the red brooding cape that covers the mouth and the infamous vampire like gauntlet. The close up shots give a real good look at the fabric used for the cape. So much that you could probably guess what type was used or at the very least, how it feels! In addition, she has a myriad of belts on the cape and alongside one of her legs. I imagine this was the character that kicked off designer Tetsuya Nomura's love for belts. The yellow gauntlet (and boots down below) look incredibly smooth and were most likely done with worbla (a common material used for this specific part of Vincent.

A red headband is seen across Blood Raven's forehead and the long black wig is incredibly spot on for the character. Prop wise, she brought along Vincent's signature 3 barreled gun aptly named Cerberus. The pants look to be almost like made of a latex material and straps can be seen on the black clothing underneath the cloak. Tatters and holes are also visible on the red cloak more so in the back.  Blood Raven's other arm is more traditional and is covered in a long black glove with some straps/buckles similar to what's seen on the cloak.

Incredibly, the posing was done inside the main convention area. The Atrium level to be more exact. The small areas of floral and outdoor like elements really highlight the cosplay. I only wish I was able to properly introduce myself to her at the con but I literally just started following her work like a week or so either before or after the con (I can't remember). Hopefully the photos I have to share will make you want to view more of her work <3.


Photo by Eurobeat Kasumi Photography
Photo by Eurobeat Kasumi Photography
Photo by JustCoz
If these give you an interest in wanting to check out more of Blood Raven's work, you can do so at the link below :D.
https://www.facebook.com/bloodraven.cos/

What's Popular?