Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Kinpatsu Cosplay's Arcanine

Photo by Eric Solomon
I've really been enjoying seeing well known cosplayers sharing the work that others who may not be as known as they should be. Simply because this gives me an opportunity to fangirl over new people as well as sharing some of their work with you guys! Case and point, meet Kinpatsu Cosplay and her Arcanine is as every bit furry as it is fierce! I think what I love most about this cosplay is how dang shiny the armor pieces look in the outfit. Having each piece be outlined with fur underneath no doubt makes for them to be comfortable to wear. Specifically the armor consists of shoulder plates, a claw covering for one hand, belt and breastplate! Not to mention the burly leg pieces and her feet claws. The leg armor can be seen attached to the fur through black straps. My guess is foam or worbla was used in its creation. The leather pieces come in the form of straps hanging from the belt and armguards!

The patterning on the armor is a mix of straight and zig zag lines done in black. With the fire orange background, it definitely allows Kinpatsu to stand out! Below the breastplate are a variety of cloth pieces covering up her stomach. The wig is absolutely gorgeous and is the same color as the fur seen in most of the cosplay. Also holy butts on the ears too :O, they're definitely larger than most ears I've seen used on other cosplays. Red fur makes up the outline while the insides are done in white. I also really love the white spikes that come out of Kinpatsu's shoulders. For a second, I thought they too were done out of fur but it's more so just a solid material.

Other areas of the cosplay include the light orange face paint and orange colored contacts! Oh and the giant tail coming out from behind, I guess that's worth mentioning too XD. In some shots, the lighting makes the fur have a somewhat yellow tint so I wonder if that's what was intended! A neck choker and necklace are also present, with the latter being made up of teeth because of course. Kinpatsu did such an incredible job on this cosplay and I hope you all agree! ^_^


Photo by Eric Solomon

Please check out more of Kinpatsu Cosplay's work by following the link to her page down below! This most likely won't be the only time I feature her work! She just debuted a Thresh from League of Legends at Katsucon!

What's Popular?