Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Showcase: Karlibra's Camilla

Photo by VSM Mixed Media
When Karlibra announced she was creating Camilla from Fire Emblem Fates, I instantly started getting excited and all hyped for her. No surprises but she was as well! Throughout an incredibly short period of time, Karli managed to crank out this incredible cosplay that you see before you. Course at the end of it, she admitted to wanting to fix things at a later date but overall Karli looked incredible in this. Even more so, I got to meet her this past Katsucon in this cosplay which was one of the defining moments of that weekend for me. For the Bewitching Beauty, Karli utilized a bunch of worbla and fabric mixed in at certain points of the cosplay. Mainly, worbla is seen in the breatsplate which she was able to heat form to her body shape. The black and gold paint job that's seen in the cosplay as a whole is incredibly beautiful. The strap that runs through her chest is of a smaller size in black with a red trim edge. This was one part that Karli wishes to redo at a later date.

Traveling down to the bottom, you get a glimpse of the massive hip armor which is painted pure gold. She's not wearing much in terms of pants but then again that's just how Camilla is. Down the center area is a thin layer of fabric that almost looks lavender in certain shots. Karli has gauntlets which is totally made of worbla pieces layered on top of one another. Gold studs can be seen on these pieces as well and are all on top of long black gloves. Karli's upper arms/shoulders are covered in a stylish purple fabric that's shaped as if it were a pauldron. Gold trimming is seen in this spot to keep in line with the overall color scheme.

Photo by Coslife
The wig is an absolutely beautiful long piece shaded in purple. On top is a little crown with horns coming out on the side. no doubt this was made in worbla as well. All the photos that came out of this cosplay are beyond breathtaking and show a substantial look at Karli altogether. The lighting in some of the pics you'll see is just beyond amazing. On her Patreon, Karli wonderfully went through the process for a variety of pieces to this cosplay. From the corset breastplate, to the gloves and hip armor. With this cosplay, I feel that Karli elevated her cosplay game even more. With knowledge of her upcoming slate of cosplays, I'm excited to see how she implements the new skills into them.

And now for something different that I want to try to do. Down below you'll see a list of what I think were the materials used in the creation of this cosplay. Hopefully it's somewhat accurate and can even help anyone out there who's looking to cosplay as this character!


Possible Materials List:
Black Worbla
Gold and Purple Fabric
Gloves
Black and Gold Paint
Regular Worbla
Foam
Purple Wig

Photo by Neil Bonabon
Photo by Neil Bonabon
Photo by Neil Bonabon
Karlibra is one of my best friends and getting to meet her after so many years in this cosplay was a delight. She takes her Patreon so seriously and offers so much. I can't recommend her work to you guys enough, you need to be following her stuff!

What's Popular?