Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Showcase: April Gloria's Lara Croft


I had thought to myself fairly recently that I needed to feature April Gloria's amazing work again. So I figured why not do that today in celebration of her newly launched Patreon! Plus April's such a sweet person <3. Today, I've got her Lara Croft as seen in the smash prequel hit that came out a few years back. This outfit of Lara's is a far cry from the typical skimpy outfit that propelled the character into sex icon status. Instead, it's super practical for the setting that she found herself in too often. Bundled up in a green jacket with tan pants and leather boots, April looks well equipped to go hunting for whatever it is she's after. Several bandages are seen wrapped around her arms and she's also weapon equipped to the teeth. There's the bow and quiver strapped on her back, as well as the gun holstered in on her side. The holster setup here reminds me of how Nathan Drake's holster was set up on his chest. Straps wrapped around her legs for a secure spot.

Truthfully this is a pretty simple cosplay with the construction elements boiled down to just the props. Some of these were made by prop friends of April that she was able to use such as the bow. I think if I had to guess, the scarf was probably made unless she found it for purchase. The weathering on April's face and outfit is incredibly on point for the character. Dirt spots in all sorts of places! The backdrop for the photos is too perfect here too. The snow landscape and buildings in the background make it look like actual stills from the game itself.

There's not really much else I could say about how badass and practical this cosplay is. The color shades are perfect and overall give a mute color feel. Which is exactly how the game was visualized from what I remember seeing videos and screenshots of. The photos could make for some badass wallpaper backgrounds and April's expressions are just perfect. SHE'S SO TALENTED GUYS <3. Enjoy the other pics :).







All Photos by Mr. April! Nature is pretty freaking rad :D.

Please check out April's FB page for more amazing cosplays as well as her Patreon to see the kind of content she'll be working on providing!

What's Popular?