Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Showcase: PixelPantz Cosplay's Ashes of Al'Ar!

Photo by MineralBlu Photography
The BlizzCon cosplay posts just keep coming! IS THERE NO END IN SIGHT? Seriously every year cosplayers create some of the most jaw dropping outfits and PixelPantz is definitely up there. If you were to guess that Zach Fischer had a hand in this creation then you'd be 100% right. What's going on here is a humanoid version based off of the Ashes' of Al'Ar from World of Warcraft. As to what that is in the game, well it's a super Rare Mount. If I remember correctly, it's obtained through the final boss from one of the old Raids introduced in the Burning Crusade expansion. One of the ones in Netherstorm from Prince Kael'Thas of the Blood Elves. The cosplay itself is exploding in color, mainly the warm ones of orange, yellow and red. It looks like a red bodysuit is placed underneath so that the armor pieces fit comfortably as are how most armor cosplays are done. Flames can be seen extending off of the shoulder pieces which themselves have a really interesting pattern.

Photo by Joits Photography
 The shoulders are a lot more rounded and look to accurately form around PixelPantz's body. The addition to the lower part make it seem like a bracer which no doubt must have been easier to put on and detach. Going further down the arm, are gauntlet pieces with the armor strapped to brown fabric. Extending off the very end are very colorful feathers. The breastplate looks to have possible straps on the back and fully covers PixelPantz's front. Along the bottom of the breastplate are triangles colored orange with yellow edges draping down.

Around the waist is again another impressive piece of the cosplay. Fabric draping down the back side in beautiful color. If I were to reassess that, I'd say that this whole outfit is just a sherbet explosion ^_^.  The buckle in the middle is adorned with a Phoenix emblem which ties the whole cosplay together wonderfully. The boot armor seems to be on top of actual boots again for comfort and ease of travel. The phoenix motif with wing like parts exploding outward is present here too. The gold stands out. On the near bottom is armor pieces that look to be layered on top of each other with the end being tilted/curved upwards.

Photo by Brandon Klemets Photography
The headdress is very reminiscent of what Valkyries would wear (thinking back to the Eeveelution showcase I did this year!) and I love how the wings look on the side. The detailing on the twin blades is so rad also. Interesting to see the arm guards on the opposite side of what I usually find/am used to. I imagine they were light to wield for posing. As for materials used in the construction, I'm willing to bet Worbla and foam were used in conjunction with one another. I also love how PixelPantz's hair is dyed a bright pink along the ends. This cosplay as a whole goes to show how passionate Blizzard fans are since the in game design for some characters are already nuts as is. Even for things such as mounts can lead to some brilliant designs so I hope you all enjoy the rest of the pictures!

Photo by Davann Srey Photography
Photo by Greg D Stefano
Photo by Martin Wong

I without a doubt recommend you guys to check out PixelPantz and her FB page. Some rad creations have been made and definitely got me interested in following her work! :D

What's Popular?