Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Ireland Reid's Battle Armor Emma Frost


You can always count on Ireland Reid to push herself and create some truly insane builds for a debut at major conventions like say NYCC this year. For that con, Ireland went all out with her true first cosplay made entirely with Worbla. I imagine a combination of the 3 varieties out there (regular, black and clear) was used in this construction. The end result is an amped up Battle Emma Frost from the X-Men franchise! For the outfit, Ireland is wearing a belt with clear snowy white drapes coming down from it. There's also the breast plate and giant shoulder pads that extend outward. Not to mention the arm bracers which are designed epically too. There's also the crown and neck choker piece which complete the full ensemble. Color wise, Ireland used mainly whites and icy blue to capture the Snow Queen's nature.

The arm gauntlets are formed in such a way that they look to be easy to slip on and off. The edges on their sides are punched with holes and laced together so that they stay in place. The belt is beautifully designed with the iconic X logo in the middle and a backdrop of crystal themed colors. Speaking of which, Swarvoski Crystals were used in certain parts to give off that sparkly look in some of the photos. Getting to the shoulder pieces, there appears to be white chunks coming out of the underside of each layer. I think this also helps in giving off that snow feel.

From what I can see in the photos, Ireland's heels have a distinct pattern in that her skin is shown through them. Snow effects/material can be seen in this part as well. All of this again was constructed with Worbla so I feel some foam backing was added to allow Ireland to feel comfortable when wearing this. However this kind of outfit is probably only meant to be worn for not an extended amount of time. The edges of the breastplate have a nice little trim pattern to them. As does the neck bracer and tiara. Below the neck piece is a necklace as well. The photos are pretty freaking incredible and have an overall blue theme color-wise. The water is edited in a way to make them look like ice that Ireland is summoning. Hopefully you guys can see what I mean in the pictures I picked out!



All Photos by Model Mosa!

Ireland is always looking to push herself further in her cosplay craftsmanship and I can happily say she outdoes it every time. Please check her page out and follow her work if you haven't yet <3. There's also a link to her Patreon where she showed off the progress of this cosplay :)
https://www.patreon.com/irelandreid
https://www.facebook.com/OfficialIrelandReid

What's Popular?