Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Showcase: Mink the Satyr's Ninetails!

Photo by Cage the Moment Photography
When last I shared the impeccable work of Mink, it was through one of her other Pokemon gijinkas on top of one of my favorite interviews this year. For NYCC, she debuted an incredible looking Ninetails gijinka that I myself got to see and HOLY CRAP WAS IT GORGEOUS! The vibe that this cosplay gives off is more so like a warrior/shaman of some ancient Pokemon tribe. Lots and lots of fur was used in its construction as you can already see in the title image. Mink's legs for example are completely covered with armor pieces. Strapped up with garter belts connecting to other clothing pieces. A small tabard/drape covers her lower section and hangs off the chest plate which isn't as large/crazy as you might expect. Normally it's this armor piece that sets the rest of the cosplay in motion. I however think that title belongs to the headdress which I'll get to later down below.

The arm pieces look to be of 2 parts. The first is a covering for the actual arm, in a red/orange shade. Secondly is the armor pieces which are wrapped around her arm. All the armor pieces are white with orange fur covering its trim. From looking at the pics, it seems that underneath all the armor is a simple white leotard. More likely to give Mink comfort cause god knows when I saw this in person I shuddered to think how painful it must be to walk in it without one. Also along with the mention that it must get hot in that cosplay very easily! Along Mink's belt are white pouches no doubt holding some fiery devices since well, Ninetails is a fire type! I love the knee cap armor primarily with its shape, diamond like and all!

Photo by David Ngo
So I figured why not get on to the headdress right? Mink's wig first off is long and primarily showcased with the 2 braids coming down in the front. The headpiece is made up of a wolf mask that's white with full red eyes. Extending off the piece are long streaks of white fur that resemble a few of the tails. Yup, I said a few, Mink went crazy and crafted all nine tails that the Pokemon is famously known for. What you don't see coming down the headdress is made up with the remaining tails coming off her back side. I know that Mink was involved in multiple points of having to take it off because it proved to be some burden for her.

The photos I have for you guys are mainly in the outdoor setting which honestly couldn't be a more perfect place for her. Another thing I noticed, was that Mink's Ninetails has a very VERY strong Princess Mononoke vibe in the design overall so I have to wonder if she found inspiration from the cult classic anime film? Other elements include the flame etched/painted on each pouch and the menacing war paint Mink adorned herself with! I really hope you guys enjoy the pics and that I was able to capture all of the cosplay in terms of details and construction!

Photo by Babette Daniels Photography
Photo by FirstPersonShooter
Photo by John Washer Photography
Photo by Food and Cosplay
Photo by Cage the Moment Photography
Photo by Cage the Moment Photography
Photo by Cage the Moment Photography
Photo by Cage the Moment Photography
Photo by John Washer Photography

Hope you all enjoyed the photo dump of this incredibly majestic cosplay! Mink is such a talented and fun loving individual that I can't recommend her page enough for you all <3

What's Popular?