Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Intraventus' Sylvanas Windrunner!

Photo by James Rulison
I'm ending the year with Warcraft so I hope you all don't mind! In truth though, this is a really rad cosplay and I'm more than happy to talk about it. Again going back to BlizzCon, cosplayer Intraventus decided on cosplaying the Banshee Queen Sylvanas Windrunner. The character's tragic story of falling to Arthas aside, Sylvanas reigns as the leader of the Forsaken Undead on the Horde side. Given that she was formally an elf, the outfit itself is skimpy in nature but Intraventus makes up for that with making the armor pieces absolutely incredible. The various skulls placed on her shoulder pieces are wonderfully crafted and painted with a rusty grey shade. Red eyes placed in them make it so they pop up. The cosplay as a whole is made up of varying armor pieces on her arms and legs with just a breastplate and underwear like piece making up the front part. High heel boots are a part of this cosplay as well.

Photo by John Jiao Photography
Coming off of the shoulders are white fur trim and even feathers along the front. The gauntlets are made up of two main purple pieces on top of black gloves. The armor thong (yes I'm calling it that XD) and breastplate have some of the most impressive detailing I've seen in a cosplay this year. Some pics it almost looks like 3D detailing (willing to bet that it is). Intraventus even went the extra mile and covered herself in a ghostly lavender shade. Traveling up to her head, she's wearing a burgundy red hood with a silver/purple trim on its edges. As for the ears, I can't tell if they're part of the hood, or if they're actually on her head and poking out. Either way it's spot on for sure.

It wouldn't be Sylvanas though without her trademark weaponry and that being her bow. Here, the bow has some of the same armor plating in certain areas. However what's the stand out is the fact that its construction is literally just bones, fitting for the undead nature. Parts of the armor flow down touching the skin and it gives off an elegant nature (weirdly for me anyway). The eye makeup is on point as are the elf like eyebrows. Intra's fingers are also armor plated as well. The hood also extends downward to a giant flowing cape! Hopefully the photos will give you an idea at the look of it. It definitely looks crazy in certain parts!

Photo by Neeko Cosplay Photography
Photo by James Rulison

Photo by John Jiao Photography
Photo by Nels
Please check out Intraventus' cosplay page if you haven't yet! I was so blown away by this that I just had to add her to my many pages. Definitely won't be the first time I feature her too :)
https://www.facebook.com/Intraventus/
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And so we've reached the end of 2016. Many will agree that it's been a crazy miserable year if you look at the world as a whole and whatnot but I won't focus on that. This was the year that Lightning Palace reached 100k views total and it's still climbing. People I've met in this community talk about this in passing and point people to read it. Many popular sites feature cosplays but only with just pics. I strive to be much different them in that I want to go into the cosplay and discuss how it looks. I feel that makes for a much more engaging story.

So from the bottom of my heart, to everyone that's supported me and this endeavor, thank you so so much. I mentioned recently that there may be a time where no posts will be posted since I've reached a dead area in the convention year. Katsucon is around the corner and I know plenty of cosplayers working their asses off to get done in time. In any case, I hope in 2017 you'll continue to enjoy this and that I'm able to put out quality content <3.

What's Popular?