Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Lisa Lou Who's Witch Mercy

Photo by Infinityspiral Photography
More Overwatch cosplays for you guys? When the Halloween patch/event arrived a few months ago, everyone went crazy over the new content, in particular the type of skins that the already established characters would be getting. One such skin was Witch Mercy, which kinda elevated her fandom role from "Mom" to something much more ummm...sexual. In any case though, the skin in general is absolutely gorgeous so you can probably imagine the excitement/happiness I felt when Lisa Lou Who decided to tackle her. The base outfit is mainly made up of a leotard like one piece with drapes coming down from the front and back. I'm in love with the patterning on this as the brown really goes well with the overall black. The button clasps on them look cute here! Around her torso is a small belt that looks to be holding a book on one side. Most likely part of her weaponry even if most of the time in game, she wields a staff.


Traveling up the cosplay, you'll see long gloves made up of both a brown part for her hands and black fabric acting as sleeve coverage. The lower part of the sleeve is connected to a black piece that, in tandem with the bodysuit, gives off a Power Girl-esque "chest window". Around Lisa's neck is a red popped up collar and Mercy's signature wings follow suit on her back. I believe Lisa used Stella Chuu's wing pattern to construct them and the end result is pretty rad and on point! Compared to some other Mercy cosplays I've seen, Lisa's wings are a bit on the small side though she did manage to churn this out in a short amount of time (which is incredible to me :O) so it's understandable. The witch hat is absolutely adorable and looks to stick to Lisa pretty well.

The blonde wig underneath is also super cute here. Traveling all the way down to the legs, Lisa's got some KILLER boots for this skin. Brown in color, they travel up to about halfway into her thighs. There's also a ton of clasps running up the side of eacc of them. The front drape is colored brown and Mercy's signature yellow/orange color. These are also seen in slight accents on her black sleeves you see in the pic on the left. The body piece also looks to have been done in a leather like material based on how the texture looks which I absolutely love. I truthfully wish I had more pics of this to share with you but Lisa managed to have one shoot in this cosplay. Fingers crossed she does another in the future? Either way, she knocked it out of the park with this one so I hope you all enjoyed this!

Photo by Infinityspiral Photography

As always, I highly suggest you all check out Lisa's FB page for more content on her amazing cosplays. Plus, I also included a link to her Patreon which has been a blast to be a part of!
https://www.facebook.com/LisaLouWhoCosplay
https://www.patreon.com/LisaLouWho

What's Popular?