Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplayer Interview: Mink the Satyr!

Photo by Chris Goss Photography
This always happens in the case of new Interviews I conduct with the variety of lovely ladies I've met through cosplay, where I basically make each new one my favorite. For sure it is the case with the ever so adorable Mink the Satyr who you might remember since I featured her Sailor Flareon not so long ago (view it here!). It's been awhile since I conducted a video interview so it warmed my heart that Mink was incredibly excited to do one with me. As with most of my interviews you get the staple questions that I ask every girl before diving into more specifics. Mink grew up with the 90s plethora of geeky things and became one right from the start. Watching Pokemon in the morning along with Dragon Ball Z with her twin brother. Back then, it was pretty cut and dry in terms of toys for girls and boys, Mink fell into the latter and was perfectly fine with it. Being able to geek out with her brother when they were little is one thing she remembers fondly.

In the interview you'll also learn of Mink's (and subsequently my) love for Pokemon as a franchise overall. How she used to draw the Pokemon that appeared on each episode she watched before school, playing both Red and Blue to trade with herself, and her hype for Sun and Moon. This of course is also translated to her many Pokemon cosplays and hoodies she makes in her downtime. Some of the characters include Growlithe, and the onslaught that is the Eeveelutions! Having started cosplaying in 2013, Mink exchanged with me her thoughts as it's gained popularity, along with the mantra/goal she aspires to reach as she continues. It's definitely an inspiring thing to hear and from looking at her work/portfolio already, I can without a doubt say, she's well on her way to doing just that.

Photo by Vander Photography
Other tidbits you'll learn about Mink include her love for PAX East and video games in general. Though she is hoping to branch out more into anime cosplays. The upcoming Zelda game is also one she's most looking forward to. Did I mention like most young girls who were into this kind of stuff, Mink had a crush on Link! She also accurately depicts her spirit Pokemon as Shaymin, so whether or not she'll transform into a reindeer and fly away in the near future remains to be seen!

There are moments where we both get excited about what we're talking about. Including me going off on a tangent and detailing an exciting moment I recently had with the Gamecube classic Pokemon Colosseum (side-note, if you haven't played that game, fix that)! I should also warn you that the interview at a whole clocks in at an hour long, making it the longest video interview I've conducted. So strap in, make some popcorn and please enjoy getting to know the mythical being that is Mink the Satyr <3.


Photo by X-Con Photography


Photo by Chris Goss Photography
Photo by Vander Photography 
Photo by Vander Photography 
Photo by Vander Photography
I seriously owe so much to Mink for taking time out of her busy schedule for being able to sit with me and answering the questions. I also hope you guys were persuaded to check out her work! I can't wait to meet her at NYCC for all the hugs! Check out these links if you want to follow Mink's adventures!
https://www.facebook.com/minkthesatyr/

What's Popular?