Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Okageo's Arthas, the Lich King!


Arthas is one of the more prominent villain figures in gaming (in my honest opinion that is) as more characters get created and have their arcs developed in their respective games. The story of the former Paladin is one of love, betrayal, corruption and eventual downfall in the currently populated MMO. If you're pretty much the sole controller of the swarming forces of the undead, then you'd be pretty menacing. Aside from those character traits, Arthas' armor is one of bulky proportions in addition to his signature soul sucking sword Frostmourne. Today, I've got a truly incredible cosplayer who captured his essence in both character and looks. Okageo's Arthas is pretty much covered head to toe in the signature armor that makes up the Lich King's endgame form. It's actually hard for me to determine what material he used since the pieces look like straight up metal. The detailing in the pauldrons and various other parts is meticulously insane.

 Little circle divots can be seen throughout the cosplay along with skull shaped inserts and spikes. The gloves can be seen outlined with fur along the entrance points and the leg armor looks absolutely massive. The silvery blue/gray color scheme is spot on and it really does bring the armor to life. The gold weathering that can be seen is also a really nice touch. Okageo also has a long white wig which gives him a somewhat frail look. Plus the makeup/effects in the shots give him that pale white too!

Okageo also has Frostmourne within his grasp (literally) in some of the shots I have for you. The hilt is incredibly well made and definitely some of the most impressive craftsmanship I've seen in a cosplay. There's also a giant cape that flows down from the shoulders. It looks like as a whole the armor is attached to an under-suit which no doubt helps him in movement. The photos are of a chilling nature with some having a snow effect to portray Okageo as if he's on Northrend, scouring the continent for more to join his army! Check out the pics and see for yourself!


All Photos by Tiffany Ho Productions!

I apologize if I don't have any other pics to show you all. You definitely should check out Okageo's page if you haven't! His Arthas is a fraction of the skills he possesses :D

What's Popular?