Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Vanity Fox's Bikini Jecht!

Photo by David Ngo
It's not a secret that one of Vanity Fox's all time favorite games is Final Fantasy X. Her cosplaying as the titular heroine Yuna wasn't enough though, so Casey figured why not giving everyone's favorite badass Dad a more feminine look. As such, the end result is pretty freaking amazing. The way Jecht is designed also made Casey's version a perfect cosplay to wear for this past ColossalCon. I'd probably go as far to say that this half bikini, half badass armor on account of one arm being entirely covered. Her Jecht is made up of a black bra top with a matching second piece that's covered up by gray shorts. Hanging off them to the side is a long piece of fabric that looks to be dyed an orange/red shade near the bottom. There's also that crazy design done in black. Casey also has the Zanarkand Abes tattoo drawn out on her chest. Then of course there are the other parts that stand out more so in terms of what makes Jecht's design so special.

Photo by AshB Images
Casey's left arm is covered first by a long black arm glove which is then seen with armor plating on top of it. The armor consists of several plates layered up against each other along with claws that give off a Vincent Valentine vibe (at least to me). The giant shoulder piece is also colored in with the same shade as the other pieces. My best guess would be foam or Worbla were used in its construction. The signature sword for Jecht doesn't appear to be that heavy for Casey to carry over her shoulder in certain shots (but according to her it was). As you'd expect, it also looks relatively smaller than the actual in-game weapon. Proportionate to her figure!

The weathering/shading for the sword is pretty incredible and I just love how it came out in the end. Symbols are seen on the sword in a deep red shade which allows it to stand out amongst the charcoal gray/black backdrop. The way it's shaped up near the top is pretty awesome. Wood was the main material Casey used in the sword's construction. The long black wig and red bandanna look pretty great in the cosplay overall. The setting for ColossalCon makes for amazing pictures and the ones I have for this are no exception. I can only imagine how much screaming Casey did at the con calling everyone a crybaby XD. I do hope you all enjoy the remaining shots!

Photo by AshB Images 
Photo by Martin Wong
Photo by Martinez.E Photography

I'm always recommending you all to check out Vanity Fox's page if you haven't yet. Casey also recently established a Patreon and it seems to be working out well for her so far. Be sure to give that a look as well. I miss her bunches and can't wait to see her at NYCC this year <3 :D

What's Popular?