Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Showcase: Victoria's Secret-style Legendary Birds!

Photo by Beethy Photography
Now this was one mash up I wasn't expecting. I've managed to make a lot of awesome friends over in Australia and they decided to do an interesting idea that again, I wasn't sure it'd be possible. Cosplayers Coralea Jade, Kayla Erin and Kyali Jayne took the 3 Legendary Birds from Pokemon's 1st gen, and imagined them as Victoria Secret style outfits. The kind that you'd see at their annual walkway shows. The outfits turned out pretty amazing with each girl claiming one bird as their own and giving them a distinct style. CJ's Zapdos is primarily black and yellow with black leather leggings, platform shoes and an intricate lingerie harness. As I look at it more, there's sort of like a dominatrix vibe to Zapdos and I wonder if that was what CJ was going for. The wings are very pointed/angular and the blonde wig is simply awesome!

Photo by Maddic Photography
Kayla chose Articuno and styled her design as a more regal bird. It makes sense to me since out of all the birds, Articuno's more beautiful and majestic. Kayla has arm coverings in a very faint shade of blue, and pearls come off of her bottom area. The wings have a solid icy texture and were constructed by CJ! Kayla handled the bra by bedazzling it with all sorts of jewels along with a tiny crown that's probably attached somehow to her wig. Speaking of which, the wig is somewhat of an icy grey shade and I absolutely love how the eye shadow makeup matches it.

The wings have the outer edges in a much darker blue with a white pattern traveling across it. Rounding out the trio is Kyali as Moltres. Unfortunately I could only find the one shot of her alongside Kayla and CJ. Going off of that shot, Kyali's look is more mystical in a way. The wings drape down and have a tattered look on its bottom areas. The bra is decorated just as Kayla's was but more so with a flame pattern on each cup. Lines can be seen going up and down the outfit attaching to her bra and bottom area. I don't know if Kyali used a wig or her real hair but whatever the case, it's stellar for Moltres. Long on both ends and being a deep shade of orange/red. Perfect for the fire type.

I apologize if it's mostly pictures of Coralea and Kayla for the rest of the showcase. If anyone can send me more pics of Kyali's Moltres, I will gladly add them and update this write up! Until then, enjoy the lingerie! <3

Photo by Beethy Photography 
Photo by Maddic Photography
Photo by Maddic Photography 
Photo by Maddic Photography 
Photo by Maddic Photography
This was one of the coolest mashup's I've seen in awhile and I highly recommend you check each girl's page out! Kyali doesn't seem to have a FB page but here's her Instagram!
Kyali Jane as Moltres: https://www.instagram.com/kyalijayne/

What's Popular?