Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Showcase: Yaya Han's Kitana!


On one of the many trips that Yaya Han took already this year, she decided why not bring some cosplays along to shoot in the varying locations! While I can't remember where this was shot (somewhere in Europe maybe?), she wore her newly debuted Kitana from Mortal Kombat! From her posts, it seems that this version/outfit stems from Mortal Kombat X. Not only were the shots beautiful but as expected, Yaya looked absolutely gorgeous in the full cosplay. The outfit itself looks to be a combination of both armor and gorgeous blue fabric as you'll see in the other photos. As traditional with the other female ninjas from the game, Yaya has her mouth and nose covered up though they are visible in some pictures. The wig was expertly styled with braids curled circular almost into the wig. There are also golden objects poked into the very top. Yaya's top consists of a bra like wrap around with extra coverings coming in from the top.

After that, comes the brown wrapped corset of sorts that leads into the pants. Though the pants themselves have some openings as traditional for ninjas...maybe? The different black and blue fabrics travel down her legs until you reach the long brown coverings. These are topped out with black boots, and some armor pieces can be seen near her ankles and knee caps. Armor is mostly seen on both her arms, specifically covering her forearms. Knowing Yaya, I'm willing to bet Worbla was used in its construction. The etching and detailing is impeccable as usual too!

Covering her bra are smaller armor pieces with golden strips placed at the top. Blue fabric can be seen poking out and meeting up at the middle. The neck piece has to be one of the coolest parts too. The detailing here is absolutely insane and I imagine it might have been tedious sometimes for Yaya. Going quickly back to the arms, the remaining areas are covered by a black sleeve which is again covered by black spandex/leather with blue markings traveling down. It wouldn't be Kitana though without her signature weapons!


The fan blades are quite rad here. Blades take the place of support beams in the fan itself. Worbla/foam seems to be the material of choice for them. The blue sections look to be plastic now that I take a closer look though of course I could be wrong so apologies if I am! The wilderness location that Yaya found is pretty fantastic and the scenery compliments the outfit so well. With some elegant poses thrown in with other more attractive ones (to me at least), Yaya's Kitana has quickly become one of my favorites that she's done so far this year. She put in so much love and effort as she does with all her cosplays. Reinforcing why she's such a huge inspiration to me <3. Props to Brian for taking stellar shots as always :D.






All Photos by Brian Boling!

Here's a link to Yaya Han's cosplay page if for some odd reason you haven't liked it already! There's a reason why she's one of the more prolific cosplayers out there you guys! I'm excited to show her my cosplay I've been working on in addition to seeing her again this year <3
https://www.facebook.com/yayacosplay

What's Popular?