Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Midge Scully's Sylveon!

Photo by Rio Griffin Photography
There will be a whole lot of Eeveelution cosplays from Katsucon that I'll be sharing with you guys next week. I wanted to start it off with my awesome friend Midge Scully! For the con, she went and created a super cute gijinka of the fairy type Sylveon. I have to wonder if Midge took some cues/tips from Jessica Nigri's version because some areas are definitely similar. Then again it probably couldn't be helped since I imagine most Sylveon cosplays look downright adorable. There's a slight ballerina vibe also to this cosplay. The outfit itself consists of a bra top with an extension covering her midriff slightly and a skirt layered on top of what looks like flimsy shorts! The shorts are then connected to white stockings with soft shoes covering her feet. The color scheme is that of white, pink and light blue. I mentioned this when I featured Jess' Sylveon, but it still applies that cotton candy is always on my mind when I see the Pokemon like this <3


Photo by Charlie
Ribbons are present in both the ears and flowing off the center of the bra piece. Alternating between light blue, blue and pink decorate the tips of these parts. Midge's pair of ears are slightly big and draw attention definitely! Matching with Sylveon's actual design too! The bra is laced/lined with the same combo of colors and even beads are thrown in to give that glamour look! Wrist pieces are seen at about halfway up her forearm and follow suit. Upon close inspection, gold strips are seen along most of the edges of the various elements of this cosplay. For Midge, this was I think a last minute cosplay that she wanted to make for Katsucon. The pink wig she's wearing is also perfect, with its style and shade.

Overall the cosplay is a bit skimpy so it wouldn't surprise me if Midge was cold at certain points. Especially with the fire alarm being pulled during the convention though that could have been on a different day. Midge pulls off the cutest poses and I can tell she had so much fun wearing Sylveon. Cosplays like this make me hope that she'll make more like this in the future! The various pink bows placed really add to the cute factor of Sylveon. I hope you guys enjoy the rest of the pictures I have to share!

Photo by John Chea Photography
Photo by Martinez.E Photography
Photo by Neeko Cosplay Photography

I can't stress enough how much you guys need to check out Midge Scully's work if you haven't yet. She really enjoys the hobby and is just about the sweetest person I've met. Happy to have someone like her as a friend and supporter of my own work <3

What's Popular?