Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Kitsune Kid's Tifa Lockhart!

Photo by Cozpho Photography
Over the course of following Kitsune Kid's work, I've grown to love the amount of fun she has with it. Whether she's cosplaying alone or with her S/O. As I began looking into her cosplay work (I wanted to feature her again!), I started noticing a pattern and I have no doubt she knows it too. Many of the characters that Kitsune cosplays are females (or Rule 63's) that are more of a fighter. For example, she's done Rule 63's of DragonBall Z characters, Black Canary, Laura from Street Fighter V, even characters in a gym-like uniform such as Misty from Pokemon. This is a call back to Kitsune's love/enjoyment of being fit and healthy. So naturally, Tifa Lockheart was an obvious pick for her. If I remember correctly, Tifa was one of Kitsune's earlier cosplays but she recently brought it back out for new photos. They look pretty dang awesome which I'll show below!

Photo by CF Studios
With this being Tifa's default outfit, you've got the classic white tank top and suspenders attached to her pants. The pants themselves being more of a skirt. Dark red boots and black socks are pretty much the remaining parts for the lower areas. For the arms, Kitsune has a black sleeve that goes up slightly past her elbows. Red gloves are visible as are the small armor pieces. I'm betting the armor was done through either Worbla or foam. The weathering and coloring of them looks awesome and very authentic.

Kitsune has a beautiful black wig for her hair to match Tifa's iconic style. The poses done in the photos are standard for the character and I can really tell Kitsune had a blast wearing her. No doubt it's one of her more comfy cosplays! Some of the pics show Kitsune's cute smile too! I hope you guys enjoy the remaining shots I found! While I've only met Kitsune once, I got my fingers crossed that I'll run into her again one day! <3



Photo by Sateriale Productions 
Photo by Cozpho Photography
Photo by Cozpho Photography

As I mentioned above, Kitsune Kid recently finished both Laura's default look as well as an alt outfit from the recently released Street Fighter V! You definitely should check out her cosplays if you haven't yet! She also on occasion makes custom kigurumis to sell! Pretty cool right? Here's her FB Page!
https://www.facebook.com/itstheKitsuneKid

What's Popular?