Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Showcase: Ani-Mia's Poison Ivy!

Photo by Maze Studio
I'm kicking off my Features/Showcases of Katsucon cosplays with Ani-Mia's beautiful Poison Ivy design! When progress pictures were popping up as this was being formed, I was immediately interested in what the end result would be like. Plus, I'm a sucker for most of Batman's female characters. Poison Ivy is one character who's seductive allure/nature can really be a selling point for cosplayers who make any of her outfits. For this past Katsucon, Mia created a truly extravagant look for the plant obsessed doctor. A corset makes up the base of the outfit with minimal covering on her lower front side. The corset and waist belt are beautiful shades of green but the gown is where it starts to get crazy. The front may be exposed but it's more so that Mia's backside is covered by the gown itself. Leaves and flowers decorate the corset on the front and sides.


Photo by Photographes Sans Frontieres
One of the major parts to Mia's cosplay has to be the giant frame coming out from the back and towering over her head. This wall of flowers is set up on a wire base that's most likely attached to the corset or some part of her waist. The frame is absolutely covered in flowers and leaves and compliments the cosplay beautifully. Mia's wig is another favorite part of mine. Gorgeously long and a deep shade of red. It's sexy in some ways which I feel is fitting for the character. The green makeup/eye shadow is also a nice touch/addition.

The upper parts of the corset are lined with a flower pattern and white beads. I was surprised at some of the poses that Mia looks to be comfortable (though I could be dead wrong) in the cosplay. I for one didn't expect the laying down pose. The photos do an excellent job showing off the details in both the cosplay and her makeup. Mia's facial expressions are absolutely beautiful as well. Serene is an accurate description for her Poison Ivy! The onslaught of flowers and everything else in this cosplay work so well. I hope you guys enjoy the other photos I picked out!

Photo by Jason Chau Photography
Photo by Eurobeat Kasumi Photography
Photo by O'Brien Howard Photography
Photo by Photographes Sans Frontieres

I highly suggest you guys check out Mia's page on Facebook. She has a wide variety of cosplays from badass to sexy. Plus, she's one of the brightest people in the cosplay community and truly does so much in promoting positivity and love in it. Charity work and many other amazing things can be seen here as well!

What's Popular?