Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Variable's Aeris!


I apologize that it's taken me this long to feature the absolutely gorgeous Variable for you all again. Last time around was with her practically perfect (in my opinion) Power Girl. This time around however, she created an incredible Aeris Gainsborough from the iconic Final Fantasy 7. For the last remaining Cetra, Variable created the long pink dress and the jacket that's over it. The jacket itself is is of a darker shade of pink/mixed in with some red. Breast pockets and buttons are all throughout it. On her wrists, Variable has some metal cuffs and another can be seen on an end sleeve to the jacket. What's cool about this cuff is that there are small dots around it. My guess would be that it references the Materia slots that are a part of the game's equipment.

For Aeris' iconic hairstyle, Variable ordered a deep brown wig and styled it as such. Bangs are seen on either side and the back has the long ponytail all tied up thanks to the pink bow. The front of the wig has this very circular shape to it as well. A thin black strip is wrapped around her neck and has quite the extravagant bow. The long pink gown is also buttoned up until the bottom area near her legs so that well...she can walk easily!

The photos are perfectly fitting for Aeris, character-wise. The setting is near a pool but the rocks and small trees nearby make it very earthy. Plus, Variable looks absolutely innocent with her facial expressions and again, I truly love that! The pictures were taken by Eurobeat Kasumi Photography so Variable most likely debuted this or wore it at a US con she attended a few years ago. I do hope you guys enjoy the other photos!







All Photos by Eurobeat Kasumi Photography!

I can't recommend Variable's cosplay work enough! She really has a lot of love and passion for cosplay. They look superbly accurate and each highlight a certain skill that Variable has learned in her time in this hobby. Make up skills are one thing and man will you guys be blown away!
https://www.facebook.com/variablecosplay

What's Popular?