Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Showcase: Danielle Beaulieu's Death Knight!

Photo by John Jiao Photography
I'm telling you guys, Danielle Beaulieu has been killing it with her recent string of cosplays. When her Death Knight started making the rounds, I really marveled at the work she put into creating it. For BlizzCon last year, Danielle was given the opportunity to work with the Corsair booth wearing her Death Knight. Specifically, it looks like she went the Blood Elf route in terms of race. Like most female Blood Elf gear, the cosplay consists of a small top, belt, shoulder pauldrons and various leg pieces. It's skimpy in nature because RPG/Fantasy genre logic dictates it so....yea i honestly don't know why that's always the case. Danielle really knocked it out of the park with this cosplay so as such, I grabbed as many pictures I could find as they were being posted. If I had to guess, this Death Knight is a Blood spec!

Photo by Jason Chau Photography
I'm not entirely sure if this is a specific armor/tier set in the game but I believe the axe is but I'll get to that later. Danielle had lots of resources and reference images to pull in designing this cosplay. To make it all cohesive, she went with a blood red color scheme with neon green outline/accents all around on each piece. Even the crown! Chains can be seen coming off her belt and near the red cape. The skull designs look incredibly insane, especially on the axe. All the armor pieces are lined with blue dyed fur. This most likely allows Danielle to be comfortable because I definitely see that cosplay being uncomfortable at some points!

Each of the armor pieces have a skull somewhere. Arm guards, center of the belt, even tiny ones on the shoulder corners. Some of them have green LED's that give off a sinister glow effect! For the axe, I know Danielle went with a specific weapon in mind and unfortunately the name escapes me as I write this. However, holy crap is it massive. The paint job is extremely well done and to me, has that dry blood look. Like it's seen some fierce battles in the Warcraft world!

Photo by Dagami
It never ceases to amaze me when cosplayers take what the Warcraft universe shows and manage to create outfits from the game. In certain ways, it makes me feel vastly intimidated and inferior with my own cosplay skills ;-;. Danielle is covered even with finger armor here. It's that intense! The obvious guess is that most of the armor was done with EVA Foam, Black Worbla and Regular Worbla. All in various mixes/combinations. The ears are also really awesome here too as you can see in the photo on the right. Danielle's wig is long and silver/gray in its color. Very fitting for a Death Knight being trained over in Northrend! The detailing on the cosplay is just fantastic and really shows her stellar craftsmanship. I love the shape of the breastplate, and how the shoulders look! With this being a showcase, you damn well know I've got more than the usual amount of pictures! I hope you guys enjoy them!





Photo by David Ngo

Photo by John Jiao Photography 
Photo by Neeko Cosplay Photography
If this doesn't convince you to follow Danielle's incredible work, then maybe an upcoming feature with her and many other ladies will! If not, welp I don't know what to tell you guys! I'm including links to her FB, Instagram and Patreon if you want to check out more of her cosplay work!

What's Popular?