Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Missyeru's Berserker Paine!


Awhile back, I did a feature on Vanity Fox's Berserker Yuna from Final Fantasy X-2! Today, I wanted to feature the superbly talented Missyeru in a very similar outfit. Same dressphere but different character to be more exact! One of Michelle's first cosplays was Paine in the Berserker uniform. Comparing it to Yuna's version, Paine's consists of a one piece suit in a blue shade. Various red patterns cover it from her stomach towards her legs. Two sashes are wrapped around her waist and are similar in color to the whole suit. In addition, Michelle has claws and feet made up of leopard print. The ones around her hands travel up her arm, that is of course until you get to the shoulder pieces! These consist of a black part with yellow circles on the front and down near its edge. Several spikes are seen popping outward as well!

Near the bottom of the shoulder sections, is a small strip of leopard print. Most likely attached on the inside of the armor. My best guess is that foam was used in making them. The head piece is almost like a crown that definitely looks snug on Michelle's head. It consists of a black band wrapped around circular areas, these have horns coming out. Two on each end as a matter of fact, and they're also colored grey. Blue felt/fur is seen at the top of Paine's outfit along with leopard print covering her neck.

The pictures were shot in a very foresty area to give off a primal feel. Considering the Berserker is all about attacking and animal instincts, it's pretty much perfect! For being one of Missyeru's first cosplays, I have to say she did an absolutely incredible job. The wig and her make up is so spot on, that I feel here she truly looks like Paine! I hope you guys enjoy the other pictures I have to share! :D





All Photos by Still Visions Photography!

I highly suggest you all check out Missyeru's page if you haven't yet! On top of making super amazing League of Legends cosplays, she also does pretty funny skits from time to time. You guys won't be disappointed I promise :). Michelle's also making a Kylo Ren cosplay at the moment too!

What's Popular?