Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Stella Chuu's Yuffie Kisaragi!

Photo by WhiteDesertSun
Final Fantasy 7 is one of my favorite games. It pretty much kicked off the love I have now for RPG's. You can probably imagine my appreciation and excitement for cosplays from the game. I'm very happy to share with you all the lovely Stella Chuu again. Last year, she made a Yuffie Kisaragi cosplay and it looks pretty dang stellar if you ask me! For the materia obsessed thief, Stella went with her classic attire. Very skimpy in a sort of way to allow for fast maneuvering in the game no doubt. The outfit consists of a high green crop top with short sleeves. Tan booty shorts make up the bottom and the rest consist of coverings and armor throughout the arms and legs. Across the shirt are straps and coverings near her shoulder and low parts.

Photo by Jeff M. Photography
One of Stella's shoulders consist of a singular pauldron and an arm guard that travels down the whole length. Tan fabric makes up the classic part. Headband and gloves are also seen here. Of course, it wouldn't be Yuffie without her signature giant Ninja star. It looks like this prop was done with foam, the bevel effects on each blade are so badass. Plus the middle area is decorated with colored circles. This is a call back to Materia and how Yuffie is attracted to the magic infused items.

Stella absolutely nails the poses and brings her cheery attitude to them. Flashing the "V" sign and having a giant grin on her face. Definitely capturing Yuffie's personality here. It seems that she used her natural hair as well though I could be wrong. Check out the rest of the photos and hopefully you'll get the excitement I do seeing them! Stella's the perfect Yuffie!



Photo by Eurobeat Kasumi Photography
Photo by Shiro Ang
Photo by Shiro Ang

Definitely check out Stella Chuu's page if you haven't yet. Cosplay butts, burlesque dancing, and lots more hijinks are there. Her cosplays are so rad and I plan on at least talking with her more next time I see her at a convention :)

What's Popular?