Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Showcase: Kaybear Cosplay's Mad Moxxi!

Photo by Elysiam Entertainment
I've been meaning to show this lovely cosplayer once I started following her work! Kaybear Cosplay absolutely puts in so much effort to her outfits and they always turn out to be so gorgeous in the end. For today, I thought why not show off one of her more well known cosplays, Mad Moxxi! For the famous bartender, Kay captured her sassy attitude and nailed the outfit as a whole. Cel shading is present throughout the whole outfit and I really love the main jacket here. She also captured the crazy styles that you can see with the legs. One covered up, and another in torn fishnets. The boots are very high in height and also have bloodstains (effect-wise) down near the bottom. Probably from all the excitement she gets watching people get torn to shreds in her Underdome. Kay even brought along a prop which I'll get too later on here.

Photo by Anna Fischer
Kay's shoulder pieces are decorated with the signature blue swirls. They're also seen on both of her sleeves. The cel shaded make up on both the chest and face is incredibly accurate too! Leather gloves and mis-colored buttons also cover the cosplay. The black makeup drip effect is just so dang cool especially in the close ups. The hat is on the small side when I think of other Mad Moxxi cosplays I've shown here but it's all about preference and what works for the cosplayer right? Oh and can we talk about how beautiful the wig looks? A deep shade of brown really makes the white make up pop in the pictures.

The photos themselves look pretty dang sweet. Kay teamed up with some of the more well known photographers in the community to take some gorgeous shots. Even some on the sexy side which I've got one of to share with you all. In most of the photos, Kay's seen holding a tip jar which was that prop I mentioned up above. That's seen in Moxxi's bar should the player decide to tip her...though I did it because I was immensely attracted to her. As I assume most players were, I mean hey, it got you some pretty cool guns! Check out the other photos!

Photo by Anna Fischer 
Photo by AshB Images
Photo by AshB Images
Photo by David Ngo
I highly recommend you guys check out Kaybear Cosplay's FB page. She wore her Female Khal Drogo as well as debut her new Rengar at Katsucon last month and they both looked AMAZING! You definitely don't want to miss out on her talent and skills!

What's Popular?