Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Meisha Mock's Temari!


When I last featured Meisha Mock, it was with her unbelievably badass Arcanine gijinka. You remember that right? When photos of this cosplay started turning up though, I just couldn't say no in talking about it. Plus if you've noticed as of late, I'm featuring cosplayers that either were never shown before or ones that don't have many features written up already. Here's a look at Meisha's Temari from Naruto! If memory serves, this is her style from the Shippuden era of Naruto. For the fan wielding Kunoichi from the Sand village, Meisha is wearing a simple violet shirt along with a black bottom of sorts that has flaps covering the front and back. On her chest, Meisha has some kind of plating over her front side. This most likely serves as some armor, and it's held in place by the red sash that's seen wrapped around her waist.

I love the weathering that Meisha added to the whole cosplay. The sash looks ragged, the shirt and pants are covered in dirt in certain areas, and it looks like hints of what's supposed to be blood along the bottom of her shirt. It wouldn't be Temari without her signature weapon. Yep, that giant fan makes an appearance in the photos you guys see here! It's quite impressive to look at and I'm not entirely sure what went into its construction or if Meisha went and bought a replica prop. In any case, it makes the photos more badass in some areas! Her shoes looks to be sandals with low coverings on her ankles. There's also a strip higher up along her kneecap. Possibly for support?

The fan while large, doesn't appear to be that heavy for Meisha to carry. The little designs on the fan are a nice touch too. Another thing I love about this cosplay is the hair/wig. She did an absolutely stellar job with styling it unless she was able to purchase it as is? The little hair buns on either side are super cute! The photos themselves are interesting, you've got Meisha doing the standard battle-ready poses along with some shots of her being cute (or menacing? hard to tell knowing her character and that smile!) and some of her looking onward. The filter/effects is really cool too, I don't know if moot is the right word to use but that's what instantly came to mind when I looked at the photos! Overall, this is an awesome cosplay and I really enjoy what Meisha creates. Enjoy the other photos guys!




All Photos by NELSPhoto!

If you haven't checked out Meisha Mock's page yet, definitely consider it! Her latest project was actually assisting in Jessica Nigri's recent creation of Kindred from League of Legends! Meisha was able to provide the masks and they looked so dang cool! Trust me, you won't be disappointed! :)

What's Popular?