Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Kristen Lanae's Mary Jane!


I've got an incredibly cute cosplayer to share with you all today! Not to mention a new one as well that I found earlier this year :D. Meet Kristen Lanae, and there were many cosplays that I wanted to choose from. I felt though that this is definitely someone I plan on featuring several times in the near future. In this case, her Mary Jane is the perfect start to show off how gorgeous she is! Though it also means this might be one of the shortest features I've ever written. For Kristen's MJ, she went with one of her iconic outfits. One that's been drawn in comics, posters and I'm pretty sure has been made into a statue even. This getup of MJ involves a white tank top with Spider-Man's infamous face but in the shape of a heart. Right in the center, it of course signifies the love that she has for him as shown in the comics over the years of these characters' history.

Along with the tank top, Kristen is also sporting some shorts and red shoes. What I love is the long wig and how perfect it is for MJ. Her smile is also beautiful here and I'm betting this was one of Kristen's easier cosplays to wear/shoot. Speaking of which, the photos look to have been taken in a studio with a gray background. This allows for everything else to shine pretty dang well. She also has the posing down as I can really imagine Mary Jane doing those exact stances in the comics.

Like I mentioned above, that's pretty much the whole outfit! Short, cute and totally fitting for Kristen's personality. I haven't been following her work very long but I definitely love what she brings and this won't be the only time you'll see her on the blog! Enjoy the pictures guys!






All Photos by TH Photography Arizona!

If you want to check out more of Kristen Lanae's work, head on over to her Facebook page! She's got a print store and other cosplays that are incredible! Poison, Black Widow, Mad Moxxi and various other females are in her portfolio of work! I'd love to interview her sometime too! :)

What's Popular?