Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Showcase: RiiRi-Chan's MCM Expo Cosplays!

Photo by Kevin Hennequin Photography
This Showcase is something I wanted to do for long time. Another awesome Internet friend of mine debuted some pretty awesome cosplays this year at MCM London Expo in May! I figured that she would be getting some amazing shoots in for each of her cosplays and YOU BET SHE DID! Guys, meet Kerri otherwise known as Rii-Ri Chan on her page. For the convention, she went and created cosplays from 2 media outlets, Anime and Comics! One which you can see up above is her Ryuko from Kill La Kill. The other outfits made and debuted were Jibrii from No Game No Life and an Armored Version of Poison Ivy designed by her! I'd like to first start with Ryuko if that's alright with you guys. In her schoolgirl uniform of Senketsu, Kerri has a blue pleated skirt along with the signature top with the dress' weird eye right below her collar.


Photo by Kosupics
There's also the silver X opposite the eye. The color scheme of the outfit is mainly blue with some red stripes and gold accents. Red gloves with blue stripes are also a part of the outfit. I love how the wig, while the same color as the outfit, is a much brighter shade. This makes it pop more and feel more distinguished from the overall outfit. Of course it wouldn't be Ryuko without her trusty Scissor Blade which I believe was gifted to her by another friend. Comfy white sneakers round out the rest of the cosplay. Kerri seems to wield the blade very well with it's grooved handle and all.

Moving on to Jibrii, this definitely tested Kerri's skills and allowed her to create so many new things. In contrast to Ryuko, Jibrii is lots more brighter in color. The pink top is adorable and I love the neckpiece and its matching. The ears and halo cover her bright pink wig which looks great on her. Perhaps the parts that stunned Kerri the most were the wings along her hips and the purple silk like gloves. The bottom piece is a long yellow skirt with opening on the sides, These are also decorated with a hip ornament that's similar in style to the neckpiece. Side note: the halo was also made by a friend for her.

Photo by Paper Cube
For Jibrii, Kerri also has a giant spell book prop that opens up! There's also a long pink knee high sock for one leg and an orange heel on another. Course this is just from the photos I have for you guys, I don't know if it's like this for the character or she's got matching shoes/leggings. Lastly is Kerri's Poison Ivy. This was a character that she had created before in a more traditional matter for MCM Expo last year, this time Kerri wanted to test out her armor making skills with Worbla in creating her own version of Ivy. Lots of the armor resides in the breastplate, arm guards and shoulder pieces. Not to mention the vines which travel throughout her body and extend out the sides!

On her pants is a long green drape which is shown in the middle area. I think it's the same in the back as well? I could be wrong so apologies if I am. If I'm remembering correctly also, actual leaves were used for the breastplate and placed on top of the armor. The deep green coloring on the armor is incredibly well done and I'm just so glad I have many talented cosplay friends from all over the world <3. There are gold accented designs on the arm guards and shoulders which you guys can see in the pictures. High brown boots are used and it works so well for Ivy. Not to mention that the wig is long and a very dark red. Perfect shade in my opinion :D.

Photo by Kevin Hennequin Photography
Kerri really had quite the lineup for MCM and all the cosplays received lots of love from what I imagine. She definitely brought her A-Game and I'm really excited to see what she comes up with next! Enjoy the rest of the photos you guys :)

Photo by Anstellos 
Photo by Kevin Hennequin Photography
I highly encourage you guys to check out Kerri's Facebook Page and view her other past outfits. Her Tifa is pretty awesome plus she blogs here and there!

What's Popular?