Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Kitsune Kid's Gym Leader Misty!


Right after I finished writing Byndo Gehk's Swimsuit Squirtle feature, I definitely needed to schedule one on her waifu! So I figured why not keep the ColossalCon theme going with Kitsune Kid's Gym Leader Misty! This particular Misty outfit appears to take inspiration from the games. The FireRed/LeafGreen versions in particular come to mind. I definitely remember Misty wearing that outfit as part of her Leader Battle Sprite. With her being an expert on Water Pokemon, it makes sense that well...the cosplay consist of water friendly clothes. Kitsune looks freaking amazing in the whole outfit, not to mention that the wig is spot on! Along with shorts and a gym-like top, Kitsune also has a Pokeball as her prop, in hand ready to throw down for battle. Course let's hope Psyduck isn't in there XD.

There's also lots of small things that make this cosplay work. I mentioned already how the wig is the perfect style along with its color shade. Kitsune is also sporting wristbands on both arms plus a red towel on the back of her neck as seen in the picture on the left! The shoes also seem to be perfect for running around in the water or in this case, the theme park which this convention took place at. On her shorts is also the Cascade Badge which is rewarded to Trainers who beat Misty in battle. That's got to be one of my favorite touches on the cosplay.

I know from seeing Kitsune's posts that she's been working out in order to get the kind of figure for Misty and it definitely paid off! The poses she makes in all these photos are perfect for the character. Whether she's got one leg up with a cheery smile, or standing confident with her head turned to the side, it definitely looks like she's ready for a fun battle. There were tons of Pokemon gijinkas at the con from what I saw so Kitsune probably felt right at home as Misty. Not to mention a bunch of group shots were taken!! I hope you guys don't mind the extra amount of pictures I have for today. Kitsune Kid looks so cute as Misty!!





All Photos by Eurobeat Kasumi Photography!

If you haven't checked out Kitsune Kid on FB, definitely consider it! She has so much fun cosplaying and I love seeing it so so much. Here's hoping I'll get to see her at NYCC if she's able to go.
https://www.facebook.com/itstheKitsuneKid

What's Popular?