Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Showcase: Lara Lunardi loves Samus Aran!

Photo by Craig's Cosplay Corral
Guys, meet cosplayer Lara Lunardi, and bounty hunter Samus Aran is possibly her favorite video game character of all time. I say this because today I couldn't find multiple shots of one cosplay she's done. However Samus was the one character where Lara did multiple outfits of. The most recent one being the full Varia Suit that made Samus a gaming icon. The other outfits include the famous "Justin Bailey" skin seen above, and a custom made bikini centered around Samus' Zero Suit. I figured that starting with the above image would be smart to do. The "Justin Bailey" suit was made famous after players found that typing in that name in the Password Input section changed Samus' outfit. She's seen wearing a single tight pink leotard with one arm practically enclosed in her cannon. There's also a deep teal green wig that Lara has on and it looks simply beautiful.

Photo by David Ngo
Throughout the leotard are also line inserts which Lara probably managed to sew into the suit. That definitely takes some skill you guys! When it came to Samus' iconic Varia Suit, Lara employed all of her armor making skills and it definitely paid off. It looks to be that EVA foam was mainly used for the creation of the pieces. I think the shoulder balls have to be my favorite part. They look so clean and shiny! The chestpiece is worn well as are the armor pieces on both her arms and legs. The cannon I assume is the same one seen in the Justin Bailey outfit so that meant less work for Lara!

The wig is also changed to be a bright yellow shade with her signature ponytail in the back. Lastly, the bikini cosplay was custom made for Lara as I mentioned above. Fully aware that yes it's meant to be sexy, the design is actually very interesting. Connecting the top piece to the bottom is an array of lines that form a hexagon pattern. The bottom piece also has a little bit of a skirt feel to it. Seen in the photo is also Lara's Samus Visor, so you know that's who she's portraying.

The photos of these cosplays came out amazing and Lara certainly knew how to pose for the character. Some of them have her in a stance ready with her gun set to shoot down whatever Metroids stand in her way. Enjoy the other pictures I have for you guys!

Photo by ModelMosa
Photo by Masamune Photography 
Photo by Craig's Cosplay Corral
Photo by Eurobeat Kasumi Photography
Photo by ModelMosa
Check out Lara Lunardi's other amazing cosplay work over on her Facebook Page! I really do love her Morrigan :D.

What's Popular?