Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Joanna Mari's Lady Sif!


I just had to share with you all today this incredibly badass cosplay made by an equally badass cosplayer! Hopefully you all remember Joanna Mari from previous features and the interview we had a few months ago. For Special Edition New York City, Joanna along with several other cosplayers made the armored warriors of Asgard including Angela, Valkyrie and Joanna as Lady Sif! For this cosplay, she went all out with the creation of the coolest armor I've seen in awhile. All done with Worbla and some chainmail, Joanna looks ever so fierce as the Asgardian warrior. I love how the circlet/helm looks on her with the two winged ends and the point in the middle. The pauldrons along with her wrists, have a small inclusion of chainmail which brings that elegant look to the overall cosplay.

The breastplate has a very simple design with gold outlining the edges and coming together in the center. The silver coloring along with the red gems work incredible here! There's also some leatherwork involved with her belt strap and boots. The latter is also covered in similarly made armor pieces. Draping off and along her backside is a beautiful red cape that definitely looks soft to touch. The sword looks incredible in the photos as well and I love how it was created.

Joanna has a long and curly black wig which looks lovely! The face-paint she's wearing is also menacing in some ways. The backdrop of a forest along with rocks definitely brings the whole cosplay together. Joanna wielding the sword in some of the shots makes her more than ready to take on a couple of Frost Giants! So much work was put into this cosplay and I'm in such awe that Joanna has SO much talent :D. Really hope I get to meet her at NYCC this year!




All Photos by Jason Chau Photography!

If you haven't liked Joanna's page already, why don't you go fix that! :D

What's Popular?