Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Showcase: Byndo Gehk's Swimsuit Squritle!

Photo by John Jiao Photography
When Byndo Gehk announced she was working on a Swimsuit Squirtle gijinka for Colossal Con, I was instantly excited! She previously made a Totodile gijinka in the same style for the same con either last year or several years ago. As such, I really wanted to see how Byndo would recreate the iconic Water starter from Pokemon. Let's just say the final result is just oozing crazy levels of CUTE! Since this is a swimsuit, most of the material Byndo used is that shiny latex/vinyl you can find on well...most swimsuits. Therefore its perfect for absorbing water and doesn't get damaged. The main center piece is yellow with black lines that make the turtle pattern seen on Squirtle. Over on her back she has an adorable shell backpack and Squirtle's tail right on her butt! There's frilly ends for both the leg and arm ends of the main suit.

Photo by John Jiao Photography
For her arms and legs, Byndo created similar coverings combining the bright shades of blue and yellow. The heels being worn are covered in blue with the same frilly pattern in yellow that's wrapped around them. I love how her wig is an even lighter shade of blue complete with a yellow bow in her hair. To show people that nostalgia feel, Byndo even had Squirtle Squad glasses created for her and fellow cosplayers that were part of her group! SQUIRTLE SQUAD RULES!

Byndo certainly knows how to pose for Squirtle and I just love her energy and smiles shown in them. The con itself looks to be tons of fun and I can tell Byndo had an absolute blast wearing this. The water shown in the background really works well with the cosplay and makes the colors pop lots more! I really REALLY want to be in a Pokemon shoot with her someday as my Greninja gijinka. Water Pokemon unite! Enjoy the rest of the pictures guys :D.



Photo by Cyberhead Designs
Photo by Noxe Chanth
Photo by Cyberhead Designs
Photo by John Jiao Photography
Photo by Tobious Photography
Photo by Mineralblu Photography
Go give Byndo Gehk's page a like if you haven't yet. She has the best energy and attitude for cosplay. I love seeing her have so much fun!
https://www.facebook.com/genderbynder

It's come to my attention that this is the 400th published post on my blog! Seriously, from the bottom of my heart thank you for all the endless love and support for my passion in writing and making this last way longer than I had anticipated. I want to be a distinct voice in the cosplay world and this is the best way for me to express the appreciation and love for all the cosplayers I know and have met in my time, traveling to conventions. You're all aware of the amazing things cosplay has given me and I don't see myself stopping anytime soon. Thank you...so so much :D <3

What's Popular?