Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Why She's my Favorite: Riki LeCotey!


I hope you don't mind me bringing back my Favorite Cosplayer segment for a little bit! This week I have the beautifully talented Riki LeCotey otherwise known as Riddle's Messy Wardrobe on Facebook! I've had the pleasure of meeting Riki at RI Comic Con two years ago at RI Comic Con after being a fan of hers for the longest time. Seeing her on Heroes of Cosplay was also a huge treat and really fun to see. Riki employs most of her costuming skills to create incredible props and outfits that are dead on to the character she's chosen. Her aspirations include working in the movie business utilizing her skills and it's definitely inspiring to see her show so much passion. For me, Riki has been extremely instrumental and supportive in both this blog and my Riku cosplay. Particularly with the construction of the keyblade.

Her cosplays range from all sorts of media from her "Hellgirl" cosplay derived from Hellboy, to Sailor Mercury of Sailor Moon and even one of the co-op assassins from Assassin's Creed Unity! It's worth noting that Riki is also quite the stunner, even dabbling in pin-up modeling! Riki always has sweet things to say to me each time I see her and so far it's been at some local conventions in New England along with one appearance at NYCC last year which I'll get into down further!

I mentioned how Riki was instrumental in my blog and how it's evolved in the past year or so. Basically I was able to have a small but wonderful conversation with her where she noted that she loved the feature I did on her AC cosplay. She stated that I write so eloquently and I should try to discover new up and coming cosplayers rather than mainly sticking to those that are already well known. While it's no secret that I still do the latter, it's of a lesser frequency. You guys will see in the next several weeks of features that I have cosplayers ranging from ones I discovered in the past couple of months to those that I feel deserve some recognition to the incredible work they do.

It's what Riki said to me that has made me strive to provide you guys with a wide diversity of cosplayers. Not to mention having her compliment my finished keyblade was a huge honor for me. I absolutely adore her for everything she stands for when it comes to cosplay and feel incredibly lucky to know her. I definitely look forward to seeing her again real soon next year, hopefully at NYCC this year.

To Riki, your words have stuck with me ever since and I really hope I'm doing you proud with my cosplays and blog. I definitely want to show you my Aquaman cosplay I've been working on and would love your thoughts on it. Thank you for being so encouraging to me <3 <3.






What's Popular?