Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Supermaryface's Lara Croft!


I came across an absolutely stunning cosplayer a few weeks ago in her Poison Ivy cosplay that she wore at WonderCon. Then I enjoyed seeing her posting while wearing super cute outfits during Star Wars Celebration which happened awhile ago. Guys, meet Mary otherwise known as Supermaryface everywhere else! She's mainly a YouTuber who posts a variety of videos including tutorials on various cosplay elements. I took a look at her FB page and instantly gravitated to her Lara Croft cosplay from Tomb Raider! Not only is the cosplay incredibly spot on, but Mary looks absolutely beautiful! I love how her figure is really close to that of Lara herself and she wears the cosplay so well! The outfit is simple consisting of short shorts and a blue tank top!

In addition to the shorts and shirt, Mary also has various straps along her waist and legs. The leg straps in particular look to have holders for a pistol and easy access. Then there's also the long brown wig that's wrapped up on a long ponytail down near the end. She also has brown combat like boots and high socks. The poses Mary makes completely capture what Lara Croft is all about. The addition of the sunglasses in some of the pictures is a nice touch in my opinion.

I LOVE the setting/background as well! All outdoors and she's seen leaned up against rocky cliffs and walls. There are also action shots like the photo on the left. Mary looks like she had a fun time shooting this cosplay and I'm very much looking forward to more awesome cosplays that she has planned to make. I hope you guys like the other pictures!






All Photos by Mike Batz!

Definitely check out Supermaryface on her FB Page for more updates as well as her YouTube Channel!

What's Popular?