Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Katie Cosplays IS Sailor Jupiter!


If it's one thing that Katie George does best, it's cosplaying lots of tall characters! Such is the case today with her Sailor Jupiter cosplay! This outfit in particular was done in collaboration with fellow Atlanta girls Monika Lee and Riki LeCotey (Sailor Mars and Mercury respectively) for just tons of group photoshoots as well as their own single shoots. Just looking at the top picture with Katie mainly showing off her legs is just full on perfection! The sailor suit is beautifully well made and the shades of green really pop in each area. Not to mention that the brown ponytail wig suits Katie so well! With myself currently watching both the original Sailor Moon and Sailor Moon Crystal, I can definitely say that Katie resembles Makoto in various ways. She has such a strong presence in the pictures I have for you all.

 The pink bow is centered on the main sailor fuku along with the green stone's placement as well. The heels pull the cosplay together very nicely! I love the poses that Katie makes since they really show off Makoto's personality! Of course not satisfied with just shooting her Sailor Jupiter, Katie also went and created a casual Makoto cosplay. I can definitely picture the character wearing the outfit on the show. It again emphasizes how tall both Katie and Sailor Jupiter are.

For the casual cosplay, I LOVE how Katie has her hand placed on her hip. If it's alright to say, there's something kind of attractive about the pose in general. The outfit consists of a high waisted green skirt, tan colored heels, and a long sleeved black top. Katie's smile is simply beautiful and I really love how it all came together. Her and the other girls really did an amazing job on their Sailor Scouts and I hope they try to tackle a different scout for each of them in the near future. WHY YOU SO PERFECT?! Enjoy the other picture I found from this shoot guys!


All Photos by Benny Lee Photography!

Please be sure to like Katie's cosplay page on FB! You won't be disappointed I promise :)
https://www.facebook.com/katiecosplay

What's Popular?