Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Fan Interview: Marianna of NigriNation! (Part 2)



This is Part 2 of my Interview with Marianna! For Part 1, click here! :D
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I managed to have my video interview with my amazing friend Marianna this past weekend and I truly enjoyed getting to know her a little bit more through these questions more centered towards her. For starters, Marianna's last con she attended was Quebec Comic Con in October of last year. To her it was an awesome event as it marked the first time this brand of cons had been in her city. The trip was mainly her hanging out with a bunch of her friends and she recalled having an awesome time. As you probably know, Marianna runs the NigriNation page on Instagram which is a hub for many pictures of cosplayer Jessica Nigri. Who she has also had the pleasure of meeting several times so far.

When reflecting back on how Jessica has impacted her life, her response is pretty much parallel to mine. For Marianna, Jessica has given her an outlet to express the love she has for her as a fan. Jess has even cheered her up on multiple occasions by sending her messages and even packages as well. Through her and the fanpage, Marianna was able to have another set of friends who not only share the same interests, but also care for her deeply such as myself and many others. This is definitely reflected back on myself as I also have made an amazing group of friends thanks to her <3.


Marianna has a love for all cosplayers and says it's very hard for her to pick favorites aside from the ones she has pages for. With NigriNation having reached 50k followers, Marianna is blown away by the attention and love it's gotten. She's also both happy yet a little bit hipster-ish when it comes to cosplay reaching mainstream potential which is definitely the first time I've heard but I can also see where she's coming from. Cosplay has for a long time been this niche hobby that had a small group of people participating and expressing a love for it.

With cosplayers like Jessica blowing up in popularity, the hobby is now gaining the attention from everyone. There weren't many questions asked but still Marianna gave some meaningful responses and I definitely related to some of them. I hope you guys enjoy the video :).









I am so so grateful for Marianna taking time out of her crazy schedule to be able to do this second part. I was happy to hear that she enjoyed it when it was finished. To Marianna, thank you so much for being an amazing friend and supporter. You always manage to make me smile with your pictures and all the times we've talked online. So glad to have you part of my ever growing online family :D. 

If you guys want to follow Marianna and her fan pages, check these links out!

What's Popular?