Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Showcase: Super Sonico-Chan!!

Photo by Pixelette Photography
You've seen her cute face, innocent nature and her amazing bust size. Chances are if you've looked up cosplay in any form, Super Sonico has popped up countless times. Her personality and obvious attractiveness has lots of females wanting to cosplay her. Whether it's a cute pose, to a downright sexy outfit, Super Sonico is definitely a character that's not going away anytime soon. Who exactly is Super Sonico though? The character was created back in 2006 for a Japanese video game software company known as NitroPlus. Originally, Sonico was meant to be a mascot for that company's music festival held that year. Since her creation, NitroPlus has taken the character and developed a franchise based around her.

Within this franchise include video games, manga, body pillows, figurines (lots by the way :3), keychains, clothing, backpacks etc. Sonico even has an anime that's awaiting its English dub! Cosplayers today have taken the multiple outfits she's been in and created dozens of cosplays. From her signature tiger hoodie to taking a unique spin and creating a cute bikini top. It was a difficult process for me to go through all the cosplayers I know that have cosplayed her and select which ones I wanted to feature. If I could, I'd showcase everyone but I didn't want to overwhelm you with bunches of photos. So I've picked four of my all time favorite Super Sonico cosplayers and it's no surprise that you've seen them on this blog before.

Photo by AshB Images
For starters, take a look at Ani-Mia's Super Sonico! She did several of her looks when teaming up with AshB Images. Mia's photos definitely capture the sweet and cute side of Sonico. The outfits include a tropical bikini and her signature tiger hoodie outfit. Mia also did a special Christmas shoot for Super Sonico and that includes a dark red skirt ensemble. Decorated with neon green and bright red ribbons, Mia also added her holding some sweet treats.

Super Sonico's signature headphones can be seen in pretty much majority of the pictures I have for you guys. One of my personal favorites out of Mia's set is the one that's a close up of her face blowing a piece of bubble gum. That's spot on for Sonico's character and I imagine she's done that pose numerous times within her merchandise. There's the slight sexy side that Mia brings in of course but I mainly just see how adorable she is in the cosplay. She definitely has more plans for her Super Sonico I imagine!


Photo Edited by Designs by Topher

Photo by Pixelette Photography
On the right, I've got the always astonishing Yaya Han. The Sonico she's chosen is her nurse outfit which is actually a figure Yaya owns. I believe this was also the first Super Sonico figure that Yaya procured. The outfit is a simple sexy nurse outfit complete with a light blue hat with the words "Sonico Kenco" on it. I love how Yaya looks in the photos she got of this cosplay. She definitely holds that innocent and cute look, the white leg garters also work well with the outfit. Yaya made sure to get the bust size right to stay true to the character.

Adding in the syringe was a nice touch and the headphones can be seen. I imagine they are positioned behind the hat so they're not entirely seen. The wig is bright cotton candy pink and long. The belt on the outfit is white throughout with two small belt straps and an added blue accent mark. Yaya also has white heels as part of the outfit. Her makeup also looks really amazing here and I just love the cute level she brings with Nurse Sonico! Surprisingly this is the only Super Sonico Yaya has done but with this year having just started, she probably has more in store for us!

Photo by AshB Images

Photo by Saffels Photography
If there's one cosplayer I know that has an absolute addiction/infatuation with Super Sonico, it's Jessica Nigri. The amount of figurines and merchandise that this girl has is absolutely crazy. Sonico's boobs are a definite favorite part for Jess as you'd expect as well as how humorous some of the figures are. For example, I got one from a very dear friend of mine and you're able to basically pull down her pants a specified length down! As such, Jess has done numerous cosplays around Sonico. The one on the right has her stripped down to a bright pink lingerie while wearing the Tiger Hoodie. The wig looks fantastic on her and you can see a little bit of her headphones here.

Jessica has done several other looks for Super Sonico including a plain white bikini, and a Christmas version as well. The Christmas version was done with help from Yaya Han a few weeks ago and they managed to get it done in under five days! How incredible are they? It's basically a Santa outfit that Sonico would probably wear herself. You'd expect then to have Jess show emphasis on her chest in some of the shots she's gotten as Super Sonico. She also has done her in one of her staple fully clothed outfits. If you want to see just how obsessed Jessica is with Super Sonico is, just go watch her Mail Monday videos. One of the statues is freaking gigantic and shows Sonico in the process of taking off her shirt! Cute, sexy, innocent, these are all part of Super Sonico and Jess nails them perfectly you guys.

Photo by Pixelette Photography

Photo by Photosnxs
You can imagine how freaking excited I got when Lisa Lou Who revealed she was doing a Super Sonico cosplay of her own. She's someone who did these fairly recent and man do they look great. As per her style, the one on the right isn't a Sonico look that's been established. It's rather Lisa's own take on how she thinks Sonico would dress based on what Lisa has in her wardrobe. The first version on the right reminds me very much of bed attire. The lingerie and stockings have that lacy feel to it. The jacket/blouse with hearts around them looks absolutely adorable! Lisa's eyes and lips are particularly stunning in the photos since I'm drawn to them first. She did a great job on the makeup and I have to say she suits Sonico so so well!

One last Christmas Sonico for you guys! Lisa made another Sonico outfit fairly recently as well. This time, the cosplay is definitely canon as it's based off a figure. Lisa is seen here wearing a red and white dress that looks like an apron. Yes those are bunny ears attached to a Santa hat as you'll see in the pictures below. There's some emphasis on the chest but not really since all I can see is just how cute Lisa looks in the outfit and I imagine that's what she was going for with this outfit. Black fishnets can also be seen as well as giant red coverings for her arms with white cuffs. The cuffs have a pretty design to them as well!

Photo by RJW Photography
Here's the rest of the Super Sonico photos I picked out for you guys!

Photo by Photographes Sans Frontieres
Photo by RJW Photography 
Photo by AshB Images
Photo by Saffels Photography

Photo Edited by Designs by Topher
Photo by Photosnxs
If you want to keep up with Ani-Mia, Yaya Han, Jessica Nigri, or Lisa Lou Who, I've got links for you guys here!

What's Popular?