Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Showcase: Alexa Heart is so AWESOME



I wanted to show off an awesome friend of mine I've made in the cosplay community for today. Alexa Heart (goes by Heart and Soul Cosplay on FB) is a huge supporter on the LGBT side of cosplay having being a part of it herself. She's slowly becoming a rising cosplayer in the field getting guest invites and being recognized by more well known cosplayers. Alexa is always itching to create something to keep her busy and to expand her portfolio. It always surprises me when she lets me know of what her upcoming plans are, I think she has somewhere around 10 cosplays set for this year which is insane in my eyes. Alexa's cosplays are mainly from video games and comic books, she's even taken up photography to produce some of her own photoshoots. One thing I do know is she has an unconditional love for Samus Aran and has so far done a "Bedtime Samus" at DragonCon as well as her Zero Suit. Yes, her armored Varia suit is in the works!


Photo by SGH PhotoArt
Other characters she's cosplayed as include Frost from Mortal Kombat, Cheetara from ThunderCats, Christmas Princess Peach and a handful of others. Alexa also is great at making little trinkets such as a Triforce that glows as well as handbags which she hopes to open up soon. When it comes to conventions, Alexa is sometimes working for a booth vendor or in cases like I mentioned above, hold panels explaining issues within the LGBT community. A recent one that comes to mind is her being asked by cosplayer Ivy Doomkitty to sit in and speak on her known panel "So They Say You Shouldn't Cosplay" at this past NYCC!

I truly admire the dedication that Alexa puts in when making her cosplays and I'm definitely looking forward to her completed Samus Aran. She's also been a big help in coming up with advice for my blog, one I hope to implement soon when I have all my interviews cleared up! I've got photos of some of Alexa's cosplays that I've mentioned throughout this showcase so I hope you all enjoy them :)!




Photo by NerdRabbit Photography

If you want to check out more of Alexa's work, check out her Cosplay Page!
https://www.facebook.com/heartandsoulcosplay

What's Popular?