Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Stella Chuu's Jaina Proudmoore!

Photo by Darshelle Stevens
Last week I showed off Chubear Cosplay's Lady Arthas that she made for Blizzcon and I definitely wanted to show her partner in crime Stella Chuu for today! This outfit INSTANTLY won me over since I play tons and tons of Hearthstone on my laptop. Stella created Jaina Proudmoore's outfit that's used in the game as her Avatar when you play the Mage class! The photo up above is also perfect since the area was constructed and inspired by Hearthstone's concept of playing card games in a cozy tavern. The entire cosplay is one of the most elegant I've ever seen and Stella wears it proudly. The cosplay includes a long dress/gown that has purple attached on the sides and circling around the back. Added in are yellow strips with a beautiful pattern.

Photo by Jason Chau
The belt and wrist cuffs are a sort of golden/bronze color and look to be made out of foam or worbla. This also applies to her shoulder pauldrons which are small and have the sweet combination of purple and grey. Purple fabric extends beneath the armor pieces and white puffy sleeves cover her arms. The wig Stella uses is long and white which is what Jaina's hair transforms into after certain events in the Warcraft lore. Also at the bottom of the gown are the same golden strips.  The main chest piece is a silver colored wrap that leaves her midriff exposed but again, it's accurate to the character.

Words cannot express how beautiful Stella looks in the pictures I have for you guys. I really wish I had taken the chance to talk with her more at NYCC last year (curse you shyness). I'm DEFINITELY planning on buying a print of this cosplay when I see Stella sometime this year. Having played Warcraft 3, WoW and Hearthstone (with Mage being one of my best decks), this cosplay is one of my favorites Stella has made. The color choices are just so beautiful and I'd love to see this in person one day :). YOU ROCK STELLA!

Photo by Saffels Photography 
Photo by York in a Box

If you guys want to keep up with Stella's adventures, check out these links!
Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/stellachuuuuu
Twitter:
https://twitter.com/StellaChuuuuu

What's Popular?