Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Chubear Cosplay's Lady Arthas!

Photo by Saffels Photography
For today, I wanted to show you the other half to the Stella Chuu/Chubear Cosplay duo with the latter! The cosplays that Olivia makes started getting my interest only about a month or two ago and she definitely brings in the badass along with the occasional derp. The cosplay I have is a gender-bend World of Warcraft character with the dreaded Lady Arthas! The outfit was created to match with Stella's Jaina Proudmoore! As such, Olivia wore this at Blizzcon this year in California! The cosplay was done with either foam or worbla for the armor construction! I am incredibly attracted to how the straps are done for the legs. Gives off that kind of shackled feeling, plus the rust/paint job for the armor pieces work so well!

Photo by Saffels Photography
For the wig, Olivia went with a long snow-white style which compliments the dark ice cold colors of the armor. The pauldrons are one of my favorite pieces along with the breastplate. The tiny skull pieces are a definite match to the real Arthas' design! Olivia also has an incredibly long and tattered cape extending all the way down to her feet. In some of the photos I have for you guys, there is also the addition to a small Ice Crown (SEE WHAT I DID THERE?) on her head.

Course you can't talk about an Arthas Menethil cosplay without mentioning the iconic FROSTMOURNE blade! It's incredibly well crafted and I appreciate the amount of work Olivia put into making this. The gauntlets were laced over leather gloves and there's also a small amount of fabric draped over between her legs. The effects added in some of the photos highlight the undead powers Arthas possesses. Though I wonder if this female form would last long in the cold reaches of Northrend? Fun fact, some of the pieces of this outfit were re-used for a Frozen/Arthas mash up cosplay (aptly titled Lich Queen Elsa)! I hope you guys enjoy the other pictures :)

Photo by Saffels Photography
Photo by Beethy Photography
Photo by BGZ Studios

I highly encourage you all to check out Chubear Cosplay's work. I promise you'll be blown away :D

What's Popular?