Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

First Impressions: JumpJet Rex!


I was given the sweet opportunity to do some beta testing for the upcoming game JumpJet Rex! Created by the studio Tree Fortress and Mike from Cherry Sauce (who also made Bardbarian which you can read my review of here), JumpJet Rex is a platformer where you control a tiny t-rex with some pretty cool enhancements! Rex has rocket boots equipped which allows him to fly, jump and do a little dash attack. Only a few select levels were playable here plus access to a debugging menu to play around with!


When I started the game, I was presented with Rex who apparently was locked up in some kind of space prison. Oh by the way this takes place in space so there's a heads up! It's a small level that allows you to familiarize yourself with the controls. Any dangerous obstacle can hurt Rex and instantly kill him. These obstacles include enemy robots patrolling the area, electric areas, lasers and turrets! Each level is very short and given an ideal time to complete in. Doing so awards you with a star. Simply completing the level does the same as well as not dying once. If you die you're treated to a cartoony animation of Rex turning to dust! The music is very entertaining and chiptune like which hearkens back to the old 8 and 16 bit days of gaming! At times the music would stop as I was playing a level so there would be awkward silence but I imagine it's simply cause of the early stage the game is in!

My time playing this game consisted of clearing through every level at least once including the first boss battle the game has. It's both frustrating yet very addicting. I always keep trying to see if I'll finally clear through a level or complete an alternate objective. You guys will definitely enjoy this when it's released eventually!

Each level consists of rings to go through to complete the level
Check Point station!
Map Screen/Level Selection
What did I think?
JumpJet Rex is a fun and addictive platformer. The overall theme and concept is perfect for the developer (he loves dinosaurs you guys) I'm just waiting for the homages to bacon! I'm definitely keeping my eye on this :D

What's Popular?