Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Showcase: Vicky Lau is SO CUTE!

Photo by Benjamin Sim Photography
You all may remember photos of certain cosplayers taken by an extremely talented photographer who goes by the name Vivid Vision! Well this photographer also happens to be a talented cosplayer and holy crap you guys, she's adorable beyond all reason! Vicky Lau is based up in Canada and has been cosplaying for a few years where as she's been taking pictures for longer. Vicky's cosplays range from cute to badass to gorgeous. She's taken part in the 2 armor group cosplays along with Jessica Nigri and other girls from around the area. Respectively she cosplayed as Anna and Chibi Moon! I'm completely in love with her cute face in all of her photos and she's truly a sweetheart (we've chatted online here and there :))!


Photo by Destiny's Curse Photography
Vicky is also amazing at modeling like in the photo on the left! There she's wearing a Ryuko themed Kill la Kill lingerie set and it's just so well made! The wig also looks great on her. She's done an Aya Brea cosplay from Parasite Eve and that oozes both sexiness and badass considering that's what the character mainly demonstrates. Agnes Oblige from Bravely Deafult is another character she's cosplayed as and that instantly won me over having played through the game. In the White Mage job no less, Vicky looks amazing!

I also really love her Yuna cosplay. The dress looks so elegant and the purple background in the photos work well with the entire outfit.  While photography might be Vicky's first passion, she puts just as much effort into crafting beautiful cosplays and hopefully I'll be able to meet her at a convention one day! Why are so many awesome people from Canada?! Have a look at the other photos I picked out to share. There's a link to her page down at the bottom too :)


Photo by Benjamin Sim Photography
Photo by Benjamin Sim Photography
Photo by Destiny's Curse Photography
Photo by The Will Box
Photo by W.Tsen Photography
Be sure to follow Vicky for more of her incredible work. Both photography and cosplay based :D

What's Popular?