Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Joanna Mari's Wonder Woman!


For today I have another insanely talented cosplayer who I discovered in my searching spree of brand new people to show off! Joanna Mari is a Special FX artist who cosplays on the side. Some of her outfits like the one above are incredible. For NYCC this year, Joanna created an incredibly battle damaged Wonder Woman with a shield and blade. The cosplay was entered into the Eastern Cosplay Championships at the convention and was well received. The outfit has Diana's signature leotard that's red and blue with stars along the bottom. Laced on the red part is the chest plated design! It looks to be made with the same material that most of her other armor was created with which was Worbla.


The armor pieces and shield are weathered down to match the look of Wonder Woman having just been in an epic battle. Looking at her WIP photos, Joanna did an amazing job with covering the pieces with gesso and layering down the intricate designs that the armor is shown with. The make up and effects she placed on her body are absolutely amazing and life like! Wouldn't expect anything less considering she's skilled in FX makeup! The poses in some of the photos like the one above match Diana's nature of being a strong willed female. There aren't too many pics I have for you guys but you should definitely check out her page for her WIP pictures :D. I wish I was able to find her at RICC a few weeks ago, but I'm definitely keeping an eye on more of her incredible cosplay work!

Photo by Ryan Louis Photography
Photo by Ryan Louis Photography

Here's a link to Joanna Mari's Facebook Page for more awesome outfits to check out!

What's Popular?