Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Colin Bass' Nightwing!

Photo by MineralBlu Photography
At RI Comic Con this year, I had the pleasure of finally meeting cosplayer/actor Colin Bass. Having discovered him through fellow cosplayer Nicole Marie Jean, I was super excited to find out that Colin also has an appreciation towards Nightwing/Dick Grayson! As such, I'm going to be talking about the Nightwing cosplay he wears at conventions and when he's acting on web-series (which I'll also get into a little bit.). At RI Comic Con, Colin and I talked a little bit about what we enjoy about Nightwing as a character and how we first came across him. Colin mentioned that apparently one of his first words spoken when he was little was the chorus to the Adam West/Burt Ward Batman show. Growing up enjoying Batman led him to mainly follow Grayson as the first Robin who then evolved into Nightwing.


Fast forward to now, Colin mainly wears either Nightwing or different variations of Superman as portrayed in the show Smallville. For Nightwing, Colin has the trademark suit with the classic blue emblem outlined. In terms of gear, Colin had the mask and several other parts made by the awesome sculptor ReevzFX! Escrima sticks are also present as the main weapon for Nightwing. When it comes to posing, holy crap does Colin have the look down solid. He has the seemingly perfect look for Dick Grayson which can be described as one of the good-looking superheroes of the DC Universe. You also probably hear that he gets lots of ladies XD. The fighting stances Colin makes match Nightwing perfectly and he portrays the character to an awesome effort on the web-series he stars in titled Young Justice: Abduction! I've got more pics of Colin as Nightwing down below for you guys, hope you enjoy them :)

Photo by Robbins Studios Photography and Fine Art
Photo by Michael Saaverda
Photo by Robbins Studios Photography and Fine Art

If you want to follow more of Colin's work, check out his Facebook Page!

What's Popular?