Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Ryuu Lavitz's Roxas!


You all know I just HAD to feature this Kingdom Hearts cosplay! Ryuu Lavitz is a local cosplayer based up in Massachusetts who I actually had liked as my page but never got around to diving into her cosplay work until about several weeks ago. This was definitely the outfit which made me want to though! Ryuu's gender bend Roxas was done for NYCC this year (just like my Riku) and it was great to share with her my own photos I had taken and generally geek out over both our cosplays. I really wish I could have at least met up with her. IMAGINE THE PICS WE COULD HAVE TAKEN! This gender-bend Roxas I like for its almost simplicity. That's something you definitely don't hear alongside the series which is known for the complex story and of course crazy character designs.


The outfit consists of long pants with black added in near the top and a tank top/small shirt with the intricate pocket designs that Roxas has on his original shirt. Ryuu's wrist cuffs and belt are of a checkered pattern which also is a call back to Roxas. Alongside her belt is a keychain with a star that symbolizes the fruit Sora shared with Kairi. If anything I assume this references the fact that Roxas is Sora's Nobody. The wig looks awesome and the small beanie hat is a nice touch. I'm a fan of the overall design choices Ryuu made in constructing this cosplay. The keyblade looks to be a bit oversized which is true to how some of them look in the game. Especially when comparing them to the user's overall look. I can tell Ryuu had lots of fun making Roxas and I really hope I get to meet her one day and show her my Riku cosplay in person!! Enjoy these other pictures you guys!



Be sure to check out Ryuu's awesome work on her Facebook Page :D I'm really enjoying her Poison Ivy pictures!

What's Popular?