Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Jaycee Cosplay's Jolteon!

Photo by Emoke Wynterheart Photography
A few weeks ago I was looking around for some other cosplayers to feature here and I instantly gravitated to this pretty lady you see above! Meet Jessica who goes online by the name of Jaycee Cosplay. Initially what drew me was seeing pictures of a pin-up inspired Iron Man cosplay she created and it looked stunning! Further looking into her portfolio of work, I noticed she has done lots of Pokemon gijinkas. This obviously made me an instant fan if you've followed my cosplay work! Out of all the ones Jessica has created, I have to say her Jolteon is my favorite (Eevee evolution love!). The cosplay is just incredibly cute with the right amount of sexy (the corset she's wearing brings that out). The pictures are also breathtaking and it's awesome to hear that Jaycee is a local cosplayer.

Photo by OhHeyItsSK
Jessica's Jolteon cosplay was designed by herself and the main corset section was done with help from a friend of hers. I love the little skirt that comes off the end. The frilly parts of it definitely remind me of lightning bolts which is what Jolteon is known for having its design like. The overall pattern of the corset and bra give off that fancy/elegant look which is what Jessica was going for in this case! Along her neckline is an ascot like piece designed like Jolteon's white neck with pointy ends circling around.

Her wig chosen is just a beautiful shade of yellow and the ears look great! The cuffs on the end of her outfit also have spikes much like the neck piece. The photos Jessica got for this cosplay are just so perfect and I really am in awe of how beautiful she is <3. I would love to meet her at an upcoming convention which hopefully shouldn't be hard seeing as she's local. Her other Pokemon gijinkas are incredible and I encourage you guys to take a look at them. Here are some other photos of Jessica's Jolteon!


Photo by Cantera Cosplay 
Photo by Emoke Wynterheart
To look at more of Jaycee Cosplay's work, check out her Facebook Page!

What's Popular?